Advertisement

Everton takeover: Farhad Moshiri confirms 777 Partners alternatives in talks with supporters

Farhad Moshiri has confirmed to the Everton Fan Advisory Board that he has received further approaches for the club as the takeover saga drags on.

The majority shareholder met with representatives this week as they sought reassurances over the future ownership of the Blues. A deal has been in place with US group 777 Partners since September but increasingly looks destined to collapse with the organisation engulfed in turmoil.

A statement released by the FAB re-iterated that a share purchase agreement in place with 777 Partners meant Moshiri could not explore alternative deals until May 31. He claimed other parties had expressed an interest in the club, however.

READ MORE: Dominic Calvert-Lewin transfer latest as Everton braced for summer interest

READ MORE: Why Ademola Lookman failed at Everton despite what everyone knew about him

The FAB said: "The Fan Advisory Board requested a meeting with the club owner, Farhad Moshiri, in February, in light of the growing number of reports around the sale of the club. Earlier this week, members of the FAB attended a meeting, which was held virtually, since Mr Moshiri was not in the UK. Present at the meeting, as well as Mr Moshiri, were members of the FAB, and members of Everton’s senior leadership team.

"We requested the meeting so that we could put fans' concerns and issues directly to him. We thought it was extremely important that he took the time to listen, directly from the fans' elected representatives, about what matters to them. Clearly there are some issues that still cannot be answered, for legal reasons, due to there being a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) in place with 777 until 31 May, but the meeting allowed us the opportunity to reinforce fan sentiment on a number of issues, including the suitability of 777, validate information we've already received, or known about and to get clarity on some other issues.

"We made clear our disappointment that the meeting had taken so long to arrange, and we urged Mr Moshiri to work harder at keeping the club’s biggest stakeholders; its fans, informed with better communications, whenever there are new developments which can be announced. Mr Moshiri told us that he accepted our points, saying that they were valid, and he apologised for the meeting being delayed for so long. He also accepted that there should be better communication and more often. He confirmed that he has received unsolicited approaches from other parties, but that he could not engage with any of them while the SPA is in place. We have written to Mr Moshiri, requesting a further meeting after 31 May, to be informed of any developments, or next steps."