Both Addicks players took to Twitter to claim they were abused by Millwall supporters following the goalless draw at The Den.
But a statement from Charlton read: "Following reports of the racial abuse of Charlton players during Saturday's match against Millwall, and subsequent consultation between the club officials, the police and players concerned, it has been decided that no formal complaint will be made to the police."
It added: "Charlton are satisfied that Millwall are taking the issue of racism by supporters very seriously."
The claims came a month after Bolton striker Marvin Sordell also said on Twitter that he and some of his team-mates had been racially abused while they warmed up on the touchline at The Den, leading to Millwall banning a 13-year-old fan.
The Lions investigated the latest reports but could find no evidence of racist abuse and said they were disappointed players had again decided to use Twitter to make the claims.
A Millwall statement read: "Following allegations of racial abuse made by two Charlton players via Twitter after Saturday's south London derby at The Den, Millwall have been in consultation with Charlton Athletic and the police in regard to this matter.
"The players concerned have made it clear that they do not wish to make a formal complaint to police, and in the absence of any corroborative evidence of racism we consider this matter closed.
"Whilst, as a club, we are disappointed that once again players have sought to make assertions via social media networks rather than draw any concerns to our attention through the appropriate channels immediately, we are grateful to Charlton for their co-operation in dealing with this matter.
"We are committed to continuing to work alongside organisations including Kick It Out and Show Racism the Red Card towards the eradication of racism in all its forms from football. This commitment has the full support of the vast majority of Millwall supporters."
- Sports & Recreation
- Politics & Government