The three had met with Oyston on Sunday night, during which the chairman had told the managerial team to identify transfer targets to bolster a depleted squad which had been left threadbare by five loanees returning to their parent clubs.
However, Oyston claims that list did not materalise on the Monday and so he made the call to dispense with Ince and his assistants by both text message and a letter.
"It was done by letter but obviously I informed them that we were making changes by text because we couldn't get hold of them," Oyston told Sky Sports News.
Despite Sunday's emergency talks, Oyston appeared happy to continue with Ince in charge, despite uproar from the Seasiders' support.
He continued: "Following the meeting on Sunday I told them in no uncertain terms that things would have to change and I expected a list on Monday. Paul went off on a coaching course and I heard nothing from Alex or Steve Thompson.
"We couldn't get hold of Paul so we relayed the message that we'd decided to make a change and informed them in writing."
Despite facing criticism about the manner of Ince's dismissal, Oyston was clear that the blame should not lay at his door.
"I don't want to get in to any mud-slinging," he claimed.
"It's a case of priorities and I would like our manager to put recruitment on players - which we all agree is the only way of arresting our slide - to put that as a priority. And I wasn't made aware by Paul that he was on a two-day training course and would disappear off the face of the earth.
"I was disappointed about that - not about not being told - but that I did not receive a list of either of the two assistants."
- Sports & Recreation
- Steve Thompson