Next week the former Argentina international will celebrate a year in charge on the south coast - a time in which his profile has transformed from the unknown bad guy that came in for fans' favourite Nigel Adkins.
Pochettino's improved image saw him mentioned as a potential successor to Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham and this week a report in Italy suggested he is set to leave for pastures new in June.
Such talk flies in the face of the 'project' the Saints boss often mentions and was unsurprisingly dismissed out of hand on Thursday.
"In Italy there is a new piece of news happening every single minute and most of them are contradictory from one hour to the next," Pochettino said.
"What can I say about it? I think if we paid attention to every single report that came out in Italy we'd probably go mad. I can't really comment on something that has no solidity to it."
The news will be relief to Saints fans, who 10 years ago today were left reeling from the news that Gordon Strachan was leaving the managerial hotseat at the end of that campaign.
Pochettino has no intention of making such an exit and would be keen to extend his contract past the end of the 2014/15 season, although no talks have begun.
"I am happy here, of course," he said. "There haven't been any talks about an extension of the contract.
"There isn't any news about that and the moment that does happen I will answer that question."
The Saints boss was similarly coy when asked about movement in the January transfer window.
Pochettino confirmed there had been no bids for the likes of Dani Osvaldo, Rickie Lambert and Luke Shaw, while there are no plans to make additions.
"We don't have any intention to sign any players," he added. "In theory, no we do not. There is no intention at the moment.
"There is still 22 days left in the transfer period and in that time we may change our minds. But at this moment we don't have any intention to buy any players."
- Sports & Recreation
- Nigel Adkins