The Costa Rica forward is now just waiting for Fulham and Dutch side PSV to finalise their agreement before a deal can be completed.
"He did have a medical at the club on Monday and I can say that everything went well," Ruiz's agent Rene Vijt told Press Association Sport.
"Now it is up to the two clubs before anything else can happen."
Ex-Fulham boss Martin Jol made Ruiz his biggest signing in 2011, recruiting the 28-year-old for a reported £10.6million fee.
The 61-cap international has struggled to impose himself at Craven Cottage though, and is now set for a swift exit.
New Fulham head coach Rene Meulensteen admitted last week that he would allow Ruiz to leave this month.
"I wouldn't call his signing a mistake because at that time it was probably for Fulham the right choice and the right investment," Meulensteen said.
"Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player. I've come in, I've looked at the squad, worked with these players, I've picked my teams on what I think are the right reasons and motivations, but I can also understand Bryan's point of view."
- Sports & Recreation