Kris Bryant is everything a team could want in a franchise player. He's big, he's tall, he's athletic and he's not so tough on the eyes either.
And apparently people really like to see his name on the back of their jerseys.
The reigning National League MVP topped the list of MLB jersey sales since the end of the 2016 World Series based on numbers from MLBShop.com released Friday.
Bryant is one of four Cubs in the Top 5 in jersey sales this season (Anthony Rizzo No.2, Javier Baez No.4, Kyle Schwarber No.5) and one of eight National League players in the Top 10 of the list.
In fact, the first eight players on the list are NL players.
Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
Here are the Top 20 selling jerseys in baseball:
- Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
- Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
- Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
- Noah Syndergaard, New York Mets
- Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
- Gary Sánchez, New York Yankees
- Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
- Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
- Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
- Yoenis Céspedes, New York Mets
- Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox
- Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
- Francisco Lindor, Cleveland Indians
- Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
- Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
- Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
- Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays