The Althea Racing Ducati rider did not improve on the fastest lap of one minute 35.074 seconds set in the first session, but his team-mate Carlos Checa was not able to move above him despite himself improving on his best lap time from Friday evening at the new Moscow Raceway.
Kawasaki Racing’s Tom Sykes goes into Superpole in third, breaking the Ducati one-two-three which PATA Racing’s Sylvain Guintoli had formed the final part of on Friday.
Guintoli was pushed down to fifth, below championship leader Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing).
Marco Melandri will be looking to improve in Superpole after his inability to go improve on Friday’s time left him seventh on the grid, behind Chaz Davies, with John Hopkins rounding off the top eight.
1. Davide Giugliano ITA Althea Ducati 1098R 1m 35.074s
2. Carlos Checa ESP Althea Ducati 1098R 1m 35.222s
3. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 35.403s
4. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing RSV-4 1m 35.434s
5. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Ducati 1098R 1m 35.519s
6. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO MTC Aprilia RSV-4 1m 35.576s
7. Marco Melandri ITA BMW Motorrad S1000RR 1m 35.772s
8. John Hopkins USA FIXI Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 35.827s
9. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Honda WSBK CBR1000RR 1m 35.903s
10. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing RSV-4 1m 35.940s
11. Lorenzo Zanetti ITA PATA Ducati 1098R 1m 35.980s
12. Leon Haslam GBR BMW Motorrad S1000RR 1m 35989s
13. Jonathan Rea GBR Honda WSBK CBR1000RR 1m 36.061s
14. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 36.104s
15. Niccolo Canepa ITA Red Devils Ducati 1098R 1m 36.143s
16. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 36.174s
Will not progress to Superpole
17. Michel Fabrizio ITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR 1m 36.182s
18. Leon Camier GBR FIXI Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 36.237s
19. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia Goldbet S1000RR 1m 36.326s
20. Alexander Lundh SWE Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 38.163s
21. David McFadden RSA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 38.372s
- Sylvain Guintoli
- Carlos Checa