Yann Sommer will not be sold to Bayern Munich, with Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Roland Virkus vowing to keep the Switzerland international despite transfer speculation.
The Bundesliga champions are in the market for a new goalkeeper after first-choice Manuel Neuer sustained a season-ending injury on holiday following the World Cup.
Sommer has been touted as a possible replacement, with Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirming their interest earlier this week.
Now though, Virkus has bluntly stressed there will be no exit to the Bavarian giants for the shotstopper – whose contract expires in June – during the January transfer window.
"We will not be giving up Yann Sommer," he said following Borussia's friendly against Oldenburg.
"That is what we told Bayern as well. It is planned that he will be used in the last two friendlies."
Virkus' words strike a sharp contrast to those of Salihamidzic, who confirmed interest in Sommer on Friday, though he walked back his comments to an extent at a subsequent press conference.
Neuer was ruled out for the remainder of the campaign after he was involved in a skiing accident in the wake of Germany's dismal World Cup campaign.
It has left Bayern with Sven Ulreich and 19-year-old Johannes Schenk as their goalkeeping options, leading the club to intensify a search for reinforcements.
The champions are top of the Bundesliga, four points ahead of Freiburg, and remain on course to defend their crown when the season restarts later this month.