An inspection had been called for 7.30am on race day, however following further heavy rain on Wednesday an early decision was taken at 4pm. The meeting - due to feature the exciting Gaelic Warrior - will now take place on January 17 with entries reopened until noon on January 12. "Following 14mm of rain since our update this morning, Clonmel is now unfit for racing due to the track being waterlogged," said clerk of the course Lorcan Wyer. "There is a further 10mm of rain forecast between now and race time tomorrow. "We have had more rain than we expected at this stage and with such an unfavourable forecast, we felt it was prudent to cancel the fixture at this point rather than wait until the time of the planned inspection with no real hope of prospects improving." Heavily backed for the Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle at Cheltenham in March, Gaelic Warrior just missed out on what was his debut for Willie Mullins but returned at Tramore last month where he finished miles clear at long odds on.
The article Heavy rain forces Thursday's Clonmel meeting to move to Tuesday appeared first on Planetsport.com.