Hill clocked a best lap of one minute 27.653, over a quarter of a second quicker than Karl Harris (1:27.933), with Alex Lowes third fastest (1:28.059) just ahead Michael Laverty (1:28.152).
None of the other riders got within half a second of Hill, who has dominated the series in recent events and leads the championship.
1. Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 1m:27.653
2. Karl Harris (Quattro Plant Kawasaki) +0.280
3. Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +0.406
4. Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) +0.499
5. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.810
6. Peter Hickman (Buildbase BMW) +0.882
7. Alastair Seeley (Tyco Suzuki) +0.903
8. Danny Buchan (MSS Bathams Kawasaki) +0.972
9. Jon Kirkham (Samsung Honda) +1.003
10. Michael Rutter (MSS Bathams Kawasaki) +1.081
- Michael Laverty
- Tommy Hill
- Karl Harris