Jake Paul 'still doubts' whether Tommy Fury fight will go ahead
Jake Paul "definitely still doubts" whether his planned bout with Tommy Fury next month will go ahead.
It was announced last week that YouTube sensation Paul and reality television personality Fury will meet in Saudi Arabia on February 26.
They came face-to-face on Saturday during the undercard for the Anthony Yarde versus Artur Beterbiev bout, with security having to step in.
However, after previous fights between the pair scheduled for December 2021 and August last year were called off, Paul is wary of his opponent withdrawing once again.
"A part of me definitely still doubts," Paul is quoted as saying by BBC Sport.
"It's scary and it's annoying, and the kid's not necessarily reliable but the money's good, for him, so he would be just so dumb [not to go ahead with the fight]."
Paul confirmed MMA fighter Mike Perry, who left UFC two years ago, has been placed on standby to fill in should Fury pull out.
The 26-year-old's move to boxing from the social media world has drawn plenty of criticism, but Fury would be the first professional boxer he has faced in a six-fight career to date.
"I'm validated. I've done everything I needed to do in this sport for me personally," Paul said.
"I've proved everything to myself but it will be nice to take on a professional boxer, one with a big name, a tonne of credibility.
"He's been fighting since he was 10, 11 years old and I've only been doing this for three years.
"It's another stepping stone because I want to become world champion. I want to and I will. I'm capable of it and no one's believed in me.
"When I said that four fights ago people laughed, they don't want to believe that's possible because of my background.
"But I believe anything is possible if you set your mind to it and dedicate your whole entire life and have a little bit of natural talent, which I happen to have."