Juventus boss Conte's first appeal heard

The first hearing of Juventus coach Antonio Conte's second appeal against his 10-month ban was heard by the National Court of Arbitration for Sport in Rome on Friday.

Serie A - It's Juventus against the rest, says Conte

View photo

Antonio Conte of Juventus

Gazzetta Dello Sport reported that the second decisive hearing will take place on October 2.

Turin-based daily La Stampa said his legal team are interested only in acquittal rather than a reduction in the ban.

The suspension was imposed last month after he was found guilty by the Italian football federation of failing to report match-fixing when in charge of Siena during the 2010-2011 season.

It was extended globally by FIFA, meaning he has to watch his team's Champions League matches from the stands.

View comments (4)