Everton manager Frank Lampard has denied Chelsea have made a £60million bid for Anthony Gordon and reiterated he intends to retain the winger.
The 21-year-old has been widely reported to be a player of interest for Chelsea, who continue to push for new acquisitions before the close of the transfer window next week.
Eye-watering amounts of money are claimed to have been put on offer for Gordon but Everton are standing firm with their intention not to lose his services.
Lampard refuted claims of a £60m bid for Gordon, while comparing him to other young players he has worked with at Derby County and Chelsea.
"It hasn't come in. He's our player and remains so. He's in the squad for tomorrow," Lampard said at a press conference on Friday ahead of the Premier League clash against Brentford.
"He's a huge player for us. I said it last week, not only is he a big value for the club, if you want to talk financially, but more importantly for me he is a big value to the squad and the team.
"They haven't bid £60m, so let's not talk about a number that's not there.
"I've been fortunate enough to work with fantastic young players in my time with Derby, in my time with Chelsea, seeing them develop, now becoming internationals with England, Champions League winners, worth triple-digit figures in their personal values.
"Anthony is in that bracket. He's been a pleasure to work with and he's ours, an Everton boy, he plays for us, the crowd relate to him.
"It's all understandable that people will be interested in him because of the level of player that he is but the facts remain the same."