Liga - Spanish transfer news: United's second Fabregas bid 'turned down'

Barcelona have reportedly turned down Manchester United’s second, improved offer for Cesc Fabregas.

Liga - Spanish transfer news: United's second Fabregas bid 'turned down'

View photo

Cesc Fabregas of Barcelona

Earlier today saw the English club’s manager David Moyes assert that where the Red Devils had ‘received a response’ to a confirmed first offer for the midfielder, believed to be around €30m, they had quickly followed through with a second proposal.

Whilst reported in England to be near the €40m mark, it is understood by Sport this afternoon that this second offer has also been turned down by the Catalans.

Beyond the perception that the Camp Nou outfit are unwilling to determine transfer work until the search for a new Coach is finished, Sport report that they are unwilling to part with the former Arsenal man in any case, due to Thiago Alcantara’s departure already this summer.

Carlo Ancelotti has told Manchester United there is "no question" Cristiano Ronaldo will be moving on any time soon.

Ronaldo netted the first two goals of his new manager's reign during a 45-minute appearance in Sunday's 6-0 win at Bournemouth.

Talk soon turned to the importance of a player so revered on these shores from his time at Old Trafford - to where some have tipped him to return before long.

Former Chelsea boss Ancelotti said: "I think Ronaldo is the most important player in this team because he is the player with the best quality.

"I think we will help him every time to do his best because if he does that every time we have a great opportunity for this season.

"His future is at Real Madrid, there is no question about this."

Ancelotti also quashed reports that a deal has been agreed between Napoli and Real Madrid for Gonzalo Higuain after the Argentina striker netted in a 6-0 friendly victory over Bournemouth.

Ancelloti, managing the Spanish giants for the first time after replacing Jose Mourinho this summer, introduced the forward at the break and he took just two minutes to score Madrid's fourth in an emphatic victory at Dean Court.

And the Italian confirmed he wants the forward - who has been closely linked with both Arsenal and Chelsea as well as Napoli - to stay and that until he hears otherwise he will be treating Higuain as one of his first-team squad.

"Not true, I don't have any news about this," he said at the press conference when asked to confirm whether a deal had been agreed with the Italian club.

"I think that now we have to speak about Higuain as a Real Madrid player. He is a fantastic player and a fantastic striker who took one minute to score tonight.

"I spoke to him this week. He is a Real Madrid player and until we have news we have to consider him as a Real Madrid player and I would like him to stay with us.

"He is very important to us and nothing else - it is not my business to judge the price of a player."

Real Madrid goalkeeper Antonio Adan is in talks with Rayo Vallecano over a possible move, according to reports.

The shot-stopper has not been included as part of Carlo Ancelotti’s new project at Los Blancos, and as such is allowed to negotiate with other teams.

Initial interest from Elche and Levante has seemingly come to nothing, but Marca insist that Paco Jemez’s team are now in negotiations with the 26-year-old.

Malaga are interested in signing Barcelona forward Ibrahim Afellay, reports in the Spanish press have suggested.

Mundo Deportivo believe that Bernd Schuster’s men are keen on bringing the Netherlands international to La Rosaleda, and will hope to do so by offering the player a one-year loan deal.

The 27-year-old has struggled to force his way into the Blaugrana starting XI since his arrival from PSV Eindhoven in 2011.

The winger has played just 20 times for the Camp Nou club in La Liga and was sent out to Schalke on loan last term.

Tottenham Hotspur technical director Franco Baldini has reportedly arrived in Valencia today to discuss a deal for Roberto Soldado.

Los Che’s No 9 has been linked with a possible move away this summer, with the club known to be in need of raising fund to ease financial pressure and to account for the failure last term to qualify for the Champions League.

At the weekend it was reported that both Liverpool and Tottenham had come in with offers of around €25m for the 28-year-old, with Valencia President Amadeo Salvo also said to be receptive to bids around the player’s €30m buyout clause.

On from this situation, reports are today that Spurs’ technical director Baldini has touched down at Valencia airport to meet with club officials and determine the details of a possible transfer this week.

With Liverpool still seen as in the picture, reports in Spain anticipate that Soldado will be sold to one of the English duo inside this week.

Saul Niguez will reportedly travel out to England with Rayo Vallecano’s squad, as he moves closer to completing a loan move from Atletico Madrid.

Rayo were reported last week as asking their city neighbours Atleti to take the Under-20 international on a season long loan deal.

Whilst the transfer has yet to be finalised, it is believed to be on the verge of completion and AS report that the 18-year-old midfielder will today travel out with the Rayo squad to England, where their preseason training preparations will continue this week.

Meanwhile, Rayo are expected not to include Argentine defender Leonel Galeano in their party, as his move from Independiente de Avellaneda still awaits finalisation.

However, the 21-year-old, who trained with the Franjirrojos over the weekend, is expected to then meet up in England with the team over the course of the week.

View comments (6)