Manchester United and Real Madrid target Kylian Mbappe will not leave AS Monaco this summer, according to club executive Ludovic Giuly.
Mbappe has exploded on the scene with the Principality club and is now considered among the hottest prospects in Europe at the moment. The forward has nailed down a regular place in the side this season after being a bit-part player last year and has played a key role in helping Leonardo Jardim's side to the top of Ligue 1 and to the semi-finals of the Champions League.
The 18-year-old has scored 22 goals and provided 11 assists in all competitions for Monaco, which has attracted the interest of the big guns from around Europe. Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reported earlier that the French club had rejected a €110m (£92.2m, $118.5m) bid from Manchester United as they are convinced that he will be valued much higher in the future.
Giuly, who represented the French club at the Champions League draw on Friday (21 April), is hoping Mbappe will stay, but indicated that an offer "with many zeros" will be considered. However, according to the club's sporting director the France international has a release clause in his contract which will tie the clubs hands if any interested suitors meet the valuation.
"[Mbappe] has a contract with Monaco and he is going to be here for another year," Giuly said, as quoted by Goal.
"There has to be complete calmness with him. He has a lot of talent and we are happy with him. It's normal to be in the sights of big clubs, but we hope that Mbappe, like the others, remains at Monaco. Otherwise they will need to bring out a check with many zeros," the former Barcelona and Monaco midfielder added.
You may be interested in:
- Mauricio Pochettino claims Tottenham more popular than Arsenal and Chelsea in London
- The Sun prints apology for Kelvin MacKenzie column on Ross Barkley after comparing him to a 'gorilla'
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney to step up in Ibrahimovic's absence
- Manchester United and Real Madrid target Kylian Mbappe will remain in Monaco, says Ludovic Giuly