- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Mauricio Pochettino denied guaranteeing in a news conference that he and Kylian Mbappe will still be at Paris Saint-Germain next season.
In a meeting with the media on Thursday to preview the game against Strasbourg, Pochettino replied "100 per cent in both cases" when asked what the probability of himself and Mbappe remaining at the club next season was.
Mbappe will be out of contract at the end of the season and has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, while Pochettino is under pressure following protests from supporters despite clinching the Ligue 1 title last week.
The Argentine moved to clarify his comments ahead of Friday's meeting with Strasbourg. He insisted the pair are simply committed to the club as things stand, with the final decision ultimately out of their hands.
"I didn't say that. This is not the message I gave," he told Amazon Prime.
"I answered about today, not for the next season. You have to listen to the question and the answer properly and don't get headlines or misunderstand my message.
"The question was, 'What is the percentage that you believe today you're going to be here next season?' I said, 'Today, it's 100 per cent for Kylian and myself.'
"People talk too much about my answers. The media need to take a few minutes to listen to the question and the answer, it's really important. Don't miss things, because you can misunderstand the message.
"Today, 100 per cent. Today, myself and Kylian have 100 per cent commitment to the club and then in the future we will see, because the decision is always in a different part. But of course, I spoke about today."