Mizzy v Morgan: TikTok prankster tells Piers he was ‘just having fun’
A TikTok prankster who filmed himself entering people’s homes without permission appeared unrepentant after being fined and banned from filming people without their permission.
Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, known as Mizzy, from Hackney, told Piers Morgan in a fiery interview on Thursday “hate brings likes, bring views” as he attempted to explain his actions.
A spokesman for TikTok had said the social media giants closed O’Garro’s original account where he filmed himself snatching an elderly woman’s dog, jumping over an Orthodox Jewish man and asking a person “do you want to die?”.
But just minutes after leaving court, O’Garro created a new TikTok account and posted a video saying: “Hello world I’m back and I’m taking over this, yeah... The feds thought they can have me, but where am I? We outside every time.”
One of his first ports of call after holding his arms outstretched to greet the world’s media outside court was an exclusive interview with Piers Morgan on Talk TV.
The prankster was shown clips of him entering a home in north London where he told the camera “Walking into random houses, let’s go”.
Morgan, confronting him with the footage: “You went through their door, it’s not your house you’re not supposed to be there.”
"Why cause so much alarm and distress to so many people? You get your kicks out of doing that?"@piersmorgan confronts TikTok prankster 'Mizzy' who was fined today for posting videos of himself terrorising innocent bystanders.pic.twitter.com/bJDZPKTx4l
— TalkTV (@TalkTV) May 24, 2023
O’Garro interjects: “No s**t!”
Morgan continues: “What has been motivating you to terrorise the people around where you live?”
He replied: “I wouldn’t really call it terrorising, I’ll just call it more having fun.”
Discussing the prank where he walked into a random woman’s house, O’Garro said: “You see this situation that blew up on the internet walking into random houses, the next day I apologised to the woman because I felt bad.
“That was more of a spur of the moment thing, I got spurred on and my ego got a hold of me. I realised that at that moment and that’s why I went to apologise the next day.”
O’Garro added: “Hate brings money. Hate brings likes, brings views - it doesn’t matter.”
Morgan ended the interview by saying: “You’re just a complete moron.”
After the show, the teenager told his followers: “Hello world, so you may have seen me on Piers Morgan. He’s a joke man. He really doesn’t let you speak bro.”
The interview came hours after Mizzy waved at photographers as he left Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where he admitted to one count of failing to comply with a community protection notice.
Varinder Hayre, prosecuting, told the court that O’Garro was issued with a community protection notice on May 11 last year, and that two of its conditions were that he not trespass on to private property.
Ms Hayre said that he then breached that notice by entering a home on May 15 this year.
“He went to the home address of the victim,” she said.
“The door of the property was open.
“Mr O’Garro walked into the property and immediately walked down the stairs.
“He was stopped by the home owner.
“He went into the living room. He sat down on the sofa and said ‘Is this where the study group is?’”
Ms Hayre said: “He was asked to leave multiple times by both the victim and the husband.”
She added: “It was discovered that he had filmed the entire incident for a TikTok trend about walking into random houses.”
Ms Hayre said: “He has caused the family a lot of distress.
“The faces of the couple and their two young children can be seen.”
She told the court that the mother was under the impression that O’Garro was attempting burglary, and added that the mother takes her family’s privacy “very seriously”.
“This has caused the victim great concern,” Ms Hayre said.
Lee Sergent, in mitigation, said that O’Garro had apologised to the family.
He said that his client was raised by a single parent and had a difficult upbringing.
“Mr O’Garro grew up in a single parent household,” Mr Sergent said.
“He had an extremely difficult childhood.
“He is an intelligent young man and a young man with some potential.”
He said that his client was neither in work nor education, but was instead in receipt of Universal Credit.
Mr Sergent added that his client had made some legitimate social media content, including playing games and discussing conspiracy theories.
District Judge Charlotte Crangle issued O’Garro with a two-year criminal behaviour order.
The order included that O’Garro must not directly or indirectly post videos on to social media without the documented consent of the people featured in the content, that he must not trespass into private property, and that he must not attend the Westfield Centre in Stratford.
She also ordered O’Garro to pay a fine of £200, as well as a victim surcharge of £80 and costs of £85 – totalling £365.