Catch up on all the top news that happened today:
3 CRPF jawans killed in another terror attack in J&K’s Handwara
At least three CRPF personnel were killed while seven others were injured in a terrorist attack in Wangam in Jammu & Kashmir’s Handwara on Monday, 4 May, CRPF officials said. At least one terrorist was reportedly neutralised after terrorists attacked a CRPF patrol party near Qaziabad area. Read More
Congress offers to pay for migrant workers’ train tickets
Slamming the decision to charge migrant workers for travel, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Monday, 4 May, said the party would take care of the travel expenses. She said every Pradesh Congress Committee shall bear the cost of rail travel “for every needy worker and migrant labourer, and take necessary steps in this regard”. Read More
Migrants’ tickets are subsidised, claims BJP
The BJP said on Monday the railways has subsidised 85 per cent of ticket fare for special trains being run to transport migrant workers and the state government has to pay the remaining 15 per cent, soon after the Congress attacked the central government over the issue. Read More
Doctor sexually assaults COVID-19 patient
A day after joining hospital, a 34-year-old doctor allegedly assaulted a male patient of Covid-19 in the ICU ward of Mumbai's Wockhardt hospital. However, instead of being arrested, the accused has been placed under house quarantine due to fears of contracting the infection. Read More
US PE giant Silver Lake buys stake in Jio Platforms
Silver Lake Partners, the American private equity giant, has bought one percent of Jio Platforms for $750 million (Rs. 5,655.75 crore) in a deal that values the tech and digital arm of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) at $65 billion. Read More
Indians celebrate as liquor stores finally reopen
After over 40 days of deprivation, India woke up to a happy Monday as liquor outlets across the country threw open their shutters, thanks to relaxation of lockdown norms in most places. Here’s how people greeted the prospect of being reunited with their long-lost, liquid friend: some burst crackers, most flouted social distancing norms, and others (most notably in four zones in Delhi) had their liquor stores promptly re-sealed. See Videos
Your View: Should domestic help be allowed to work?
The Indian government has issued guidelines on allowing domestic help to resume work in May and asked Residents Welfare Associations to take a call regarding movement of outsiders into their premises. However, RWAs are still awaiting guidelines from the state government regarding this relaxation. Your View
Where is Kumar Gaurav?
This “Missing Report” series digs deep into the untold stories of such missing stars, and today we are covering the 80’s heartthrob, Kumar Gaurav. Read More
Get latest news! Join Yahoo India on Telegram!
Yahoo Cricket is now on Telegram! Click here to subscribe
Subscribe to MAKERS India on Telegram! Click here!