Nicola Bulley: Nearly three weeks since dog walker vanished - what were her last movements before she disappeared?

Nearly three weeks since Nicola Bulley went missing police have said there remains no evidence there was a "criminal aspect or third party involvement" in her disappearance.

Police also told a news conference that Ms Bulley was listed as a "high risk" missing person due to a "number of specific vulnerabilities" after speaking to her partner Paul Ansell.

Senior investigating officer Detective Superintendent Rebecca Smith said that is "normal for a missing person with the information we were in possession of" - but refused to say say what those vulnerabilities were.

Ms Bulley disappeared while walking her dog in the village of St Michael's on Wyre after she dropped her two daughters - aged six and nine - at school on 27 January.

Police have said they are keeping an open mind but their "main working hypothesis" has been that the 45-year-old mortgage adviser fell into the River Wyre during a "10-minute window" between 9.10am and 9.20am that day.

Here we take a look at Ms Bulley's movements on the day she disappeared.

8.26am - Ms Bulley left her home with her two daughters, aged six and nine.

8.40am - The mother-of-two dropped off her children at school and chatted to a few people in the school yard.

8.43am - Ms Bulley walked along a path by the River Wyre, off Garstang Road, in the village of St Michael's on Wyre - following the school drop-off.

8.47am - A dog walker - somebody who knows Ms Bulley - saw her walking around the lower field with her dog. Their two dogs interacted briefly before the witness left the field via the river path.

8.53am - Ms Bulley sent an email to her boss, followed by a message to a friend, six minutes later, making arrangements for a playdate for her children.

9.01am - Ms Bulley logged into a work conference call on Microsoft Teams.

9.10am - A witness - someone who knows Ms Bulley - saw her on the upper field walking her dog, Willow. The dog was not in its harness and off its lead. This is the last confirmed sighting of Ms Bulley.

9.20am - Police believe Nicola's phone was left on a bench by the river.

9.30am - The conference call ended but Ms Bulley stayed logged on.

9.33am - Ms Bulley's mobile phone was found on the bench by another dog walker. Her dog was found running between the bench and a gate to the field. The dog's harness was found on the grass between the bench and the river's edge.

This witness then made inquiries as to who owned the phone and spoke with people who recognised the dog as Ms Bulley's.

10.50am - Ms Bulley's family and the school her children attend were alerted about the situation.

Police said nearly 40 detectives have sifted through hundreds of hours of CCTV, dashcam footage and tip-offs from the public in the search.

Lancashire Police Assistant Chief Constable Peter Lawson said: "There is no evidence to indicate a criminal aspect or third-party involvement in Nicola's disappearance."

Meanwhile, Ms Smith said amateur sleuths and social media video-makers who have been coming up with their own theories about Ms Bulley have "distracted significantly" from police efforts to find her.

"In 29 years' police service I've never seen anything like it. Some of it's been quite shocking and really hurtful to the family," she said.

Read more
Two people arrested on suspicion of malicious communications over missing Nicola Bulley
Police told to adjust messaging in search for missing mum to stop people 'taking things into own hands'

Click to subscribe to the Sky News Daily wherever you get your podcasts

Ms Smith added that a glove found near to where Ms Bulley disappeared does not belong to her.

She said: "In terms of the glove that has been recovered, you'll no doubt be aware that TikTokers have been playing their own private detectives and have been in the area... it is not Nicola's but we have got that in our possession."

Ms Smith also spoke about a work call Ms Bulley was logged into on Microsoft Teams when she disappeared.

She added there had been "lots of speculation about this" but she would "never have had the microphone or camera on because it was an informal session".

"I know there have been enquiries as to whether anybody else on the Teams call would have been able to hear or provide us with any information. I can assure you from the outset that was investigated thoroughly and that is not the case", she said.