Peter Andre appealed to Australian embassy to help him visit his mum and dad

Albertina Lloyd
·Entertainment reporter, Yahoo UK
·2-min read
Peter Andre poses for photographers upon arrival for the Pride of Britain Awards at a central London hotel, Monday, Oct. 29, 2018. (Photo by Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP)
Peter Andre says his number one priority is to see his parents this year. (AP)

Peter Andre has revealed he has asked the Australian embassy to allow him permission to visit his parents.

The Australian singer and reality TV star has not seen his mum Thea, 84, and dad Savvas, 87, since February last year and is not able to travel into Australia due to its tough lockdown restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Andre, 47, wrote in his New! magazine column: “I actually contacted the Australian Embassy because there are special circumstances whereby family members can fly over, but sadly I don't fit the criteria.

“My number one priority this year is to go and see my mum and dad in Australia, as I miss them too much.

Read more: Peter Andre shocked to find he doesn't know his own birthday with passport discovery

“I'm anxiously awaiting the borders opening as it's been upsetting not seeing them, especially as my mum isn't very well.”

Watch: Peter Andre heartbroken as he hasn't hugged son Junior 'in so long' due to COVID-19

The Mysterious Girl singer spent a week in Australia in February 2020 with his two eldest children Junior, 15, and Princess, 13.

As the UK entered national lockdown for the first time at the end of March last year, Andre posted on social media: “Miss you mum and dad every day. Especially now. Plse be safe Plse. For once, whether we are 12,000 miles away (like we are) or 1.2 miles away we can’t be with you...... love you both. Be careful [sic]”

Read more: Katie Price opens up about 'proper love story' with ex-husband Peter Andre

The Australian government announced in December it was extending its ban on international travel, with residents only allowed to leave the country for specific reasons. These restrictions will remain in place until at least mid-March.

EMBARGOED TO 0001 MONDAY AUGUST 10 EDITORIAL USE ONLY Peter Andre and his children Junior and Princess set sail for France onboard a P&O Ferry for a family holiday following the Covid-19 lockdown.
Peter Andre and his children Junior and Princess set sail for France for a family holiday following the Covid-19 lockdown in August, 2020. (PA)

Andre previously told The Sun: “Dad was telling me that they said on the news that it might even be the end of next year they allow international travel.

“It really worries me because mum and dad are in their late 80s – or dad certainly is. When they were in their 40s and I was a teenager, not seeing them for a year, you just knew you'd see them a year later and they'd be fine.”

Watch: Peter Andre explains his huge neck tattoo