Advertisement

Pregnant Woman and Her 2 Sons Killed After Apparent Carbon Monoxide Leak: 'Devastating'

The three victims were found in a camper at a race track in Kansas, said authorities

<p><a href="https://www.gofundme.com/f/richey-family-tragedy">GoFundMe</a></p> A photo of the three victims, according to a GoFundMe, who died in a camper at a race track in Kansas.

GoFundMe

A photo of the three victims, according to a GoFundMe, who died in a camper at a race track in Kansas.

A pregnant mom and her two sons were found dead of an apparent carbon monoxide leak inside a camper at a Kansas motocross track on Saturday.

In a news release posted on Facebook, the McPherson County Sheriff's Office said it responded to a call at the Inman Motocross, where the Kansas Motocross Championship Series was taking place. “Members of the Inman Fire Dept. and McPherson EMS arrived on scene and made confirmation that the three people were deceased,” said the sheriff’s office.

The sheriff’s office added that it is investigating the incident with the assistance of the Inman Police Department. The Inman Police Department did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Related: Morgan Miller Details 'Terrifying Experience' That Left Three of Her Kids with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Authorities did not officially identify the victims or the cause of death in the news release from Saturday. When contacted Monday morning, the McPherson County Sheriff's Office said in a statement to PEOPLE: “As of right now, our office is not releasing or confirming identities or cause of death until a preliminary report has been received from the coroner’s office.”

PEOPLE also reached out to the Inman Police Department for comment.

However, a GoFundMe page set up by a loved one said that the victims were a pregnant woman and her two sons, per The Kansas City Star.

“Today we received news that our dear family friend Jason Richey lost his wife and 2 children suddenly to carbon monoxide poisoning this morning,” said the fundraising page over the weekend. “Jason and Felicia were also expecting a new little one. We are asking for your prayers, support, and love as he and his 3 year old son navigate through this devastating time. 

Related: 3 New Mexico High Students Found Dead in Garage Likely Died of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Police

“We are asking for your help with removing the stress from the family on the cost of arranging their 3 funerals and time away from work to grieve," the organizer added.

Richey, the husband and father of the victims, confirmed to ABC affiliate KAKE that there is a second GoFundMe fundraiser to help finance funeral expenses.

As of early Monday afternoon, both fundraisers have generated nearly $28,000 combined.

Related: Idaho Mom Warns of Carbon Monoxide Dangers After Her 5 Children and Sister-in-Law Survive Poisoning

Inman Motocross reacted to the incident in a Facebook post Saturday: "As many know there was a tragedy here today. Round 8 of Kansas Motocross Championship Series will wait until another day. Today we hug our loved ones extra tight and say I love you an extra time. Our heart goes out the family as they work through this time. Thank you everyone for your understanding at this time and patience."

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website, carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless and odorless gas that can be lethal. Carbon monoxide is detected in fumes during the burning of fuel in cars, trucks, furnaces or gas ranges.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, dizziness and confusion, said the CDC, adding: "People who are sleeping or drunk can die from CO poisoning before they have symptoms."

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.