The Brazilian right-back hit a fantastic drive on the run after Julio Cesar had parried Robin van Persie's effort, with the ball flying into the top left.
It sent United on their way to a 2-0 win over Queens Park Rangers and got 42 per cent of the vote.
Second was Gareth Bale's wondergoal against West Ham, with 28%, which was tipped by many to be a goal of the season contender. Tottenham, however, rarely get as many votes as Manchster United or Liverpool in such contests.
Newcastle's Papiss Cisse is renowned for his superb goals and he came third for his stunner against Southampton, with 19%.
Dimitar Berbatov's fantastic volleyed winner against Stoke was fourth, with poor Arouna Kone only getting 2% of the vote for his classy finish against Reading.
Poll results - who scored the best Premier League goal of last weekend?
1. Rafael (MANCHESTER UNITED v QPR) - 42%
2. Gareth Bale (TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v West Ham United) - 28%
3. Papiss Cisse (NEWCASTLE UNITED v Southampton) - 19%
4. Dimitar Berbatov (FULHAM v Stoke City) - 9%
5. Arouna Kone (WIGAN v Reading) - 2%
- Sports & Recreation
- Gareth Bale
- Queens Park Rangers
- Papiss Cisse