Setien took over from previous coach Ernesto Valverde in January and signed a three-and-a-half year contract, but his position is under scrutiny after some disappointing displays in LaLiga.
President Josep Maria Bartomeu revealed last week that Setien would stay for the latter stages of the Champions League next month, but did not confirm whether the 61-year-old would be in charge for next season.
Asked about Bartomeu's quotes on Wednesday, the former Real Betis coach said: "It's the president who talks, what am I to do? Nothing to say."
And when pressed as to whether he believed he would be Barca coach in 2020-21, he said: "Of course. Naturally I see myself coaching Barca [next season].
"Sometimes you can't achieve what you set out to, but behind it there is a job done, not just a result.
"That's what I understand and I would like that to be valued. Of course I see myself here next year."
Barca will look to keep their slim hopes of winning LaLiga alive by beating Osasuna on Thursday, but will be left empty-handed if Real Madrid defeat Villarreal on the same night.
When Setien arrived, Barcelona were top of the table (albeit level on points with Madrid), but the coach said he would not be solely at fault if his side miss out on the title.
"A part of it is my responsibility and I assume it, but not totally," he said. "The figure of the coach is always seen as the one to blame. I don't think I have done things too badly.
"I would give more merit to the rival, to Madrid, who have won everything (since the restart). Until now. That's difficult."