Singer Pink knows how to make a statement. Whether it’s with her thought-provoking lyrics, award acceptance speeches that emphasize feminism and self-acceptance, or her I-don’t-care-what-you-think-about-me fashion choices, the 38-year-old embodies confidence in every aspect of her life.
For tips on how to pump up the volume on short hair, Yahoo Lifestyle went straight to Mizani platform artist and educator Reece. Check out the video to watch the pro maneuver both a flatiron and barrel curler to achieve the right amount of texture.
1. Use a rat-tail comb to part hair at crown from back to front. It should look like an inverted V shape.
2. Mist sides sections of hair with Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment and comb product through.
3. Mold hair into shape with a strong-hold texture paste like Mizani Lived-In Sculptin Paste. Pro tip: Use a fine-tooth comb to create wave-like definition on sides.
4. Massage Mizani Thermasmooth Style & Style Again into top section and comb through.
5. Rotate between using a flatiron and traditional barrel curler for out-of-this-world volume.
6. Add a small amount of Mizani Edge Taming Gel to fingertips before breaking up curls.
7. Mist Mizani Lived-In Finishing Spray all over for added hold. Pro tip: Applying the paste first helps to set hairspray.
Makeup details: New York City-based makeup artist and aesthetician Lakeisha Dale used a combination of Nars foundation and concealer to give skin a smooth even base. A creamy nude lip really set it off and accentuated the edgy eye makeup. Dale’s foolproof tip to getting a seamless smoky eye: Place a small strip of Scotch tape along the sides before brushing on shadow.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: