Liverpool star Sadio Mane has decided to leave the club this summer, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano.
The forward was part of the Liverpool side that were edged out by Real Madrid in the Champions league final on Saturday evening.
The Senegalese star said earlier this week that he would reveal his future after the final in Paris.
“This question [about my future] I will answer after Champions League. If I’m staying or not, I’m going to answer after Champions League,” said the 30-year-old.
And it would now appear that he will leave the club this summer, with Fabrizio Romano revealing: “He’s ready for a new experience after many special years with Reds – it will be confirmed to the club.
“FC Bayern are strong contenders – but it’s still open and not completed as Sadio wanted to wait for the final.”
German champions Bayern Munich have been the team most frequently linked with a move for Mane this summer and appear to be the frontrunners in the race to take him away from Liverpool.
The forward has been at Liverpool for six years, joining from Southampton in 2016 and has gone on to become part of one of the most formidable attacking line-ups in recent years.
Alongside Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, and more recently Diogo Jota and Luis Diaz, Mane has helped Liverpool to a Champions League title, the Premier League in 2020, the Club World Cup and a domestic cup double this season.
He has made over 250 appearances in a red shirt, scoring 12o times and will go down as a great of the club when he does depart.
The 30-year-old is also in the running for the Balon D’or this year after winning the African Cup of Nations earlier this year.
However, the Champions League final defeat may have just given Real striker Karim Benzema the advantage.
The article Romano reveals Liverpool star Sadio Mane has decided to leave the club this summer appeared first on Football365.com.