Ronaldo finally breaks silence on Man Utd exit rumours, as report reveals new pre-season decision

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·3-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
Man Utd star Cristiano Ronaldo Credit: PA Images
Man Utd star Cristiano Ronaldo Credit: PA Images

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence by slamming continuing reports about his Manchester United future and Jorge Mendes’ influence as lies.

The 37-year-old has yet again proved one of the focal points at Old Trafford despite the arrival of Erik ten Hag. The new manager wants his new group to move as one, but there is uncertainty over Ronaldo’s future.

After missing United’s pre-season tours, he returned to the club’s Carrington training complex this week. And he reportedly told Ten Hag that he wants to leave.

Man Utd, though, continue to insist that the Portugal star is not for sale. Ten Hag has indeed come out on record to say the forward will be a key a part of his plans for the new season.

There has been radio silence from Ronaldo himself over his future – until now. He responded to a fan account which claimed his agent, Jorge Mendes, told United his client is ‘adamant about leaving’.

The post added that Mendes feels ‘less than positive’ about Ronaldo successfully leaving and that ‘Sir Alex Ferguson has intervened’.

Ronaldo wrote on Instagram in response: “It’s impossible not to talk about me for one day.

“Otherwise, the press makes no money. You know that if you don’t lie, you can’t get people’s attention. Keep going and one day you will get some news right.”

Meanwhile, The Sun claimed on Friday that Mendes has also told United that Ronaldo has an offer on the table from elsewhere.

The newspaper did not name the club in question. Atletico Madrid recently joined Chelsea and Bayern Munich in distancing themselves from a swoop.

However, the prospect of a move back to Sporting remains unresolved.

Ronaldo likely to miss Man Utd friendly

In another update, The Times claims that Ronaldo is likely to miss Man Utd’s clash with Atletico on Saturday.

The two sides clash in Oslo in their latest pre-season test, with Ten Hag’s main group flying to Norway on Friday.

But the newspaper reports that Ronaldo will instead focus on his fitness.

He could, though, make his playing return on Sunday when United play Rayo Vallecano at Old Trafford.

Fresh comments to heighten speculation

The fact that Ronaldo has now spoken out to slam the apparent lies over his future will only heighten speculation.

The comments will attract more eyes and ears to the situation, which looks like it will soon come to a conclusion.

There is no suggestion that Ronaldo won’t play if he stays despite wanting to leave.

However, he is reportedly not happy at United being in the Europa League and wants to return to the Champions League.

The crunch talks with Ten Hag earlier this week were a starting point in negotiations and it remains to be seen what the Portuguese star will end up doing.

The article Ronaldo finally breaks silence on Man Utd exit rumours, as report reveals new pre-season decision appeared first on Teamtalk.com.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting