Manchester United have been offered the chance to add some more talent from Real Madrid, with Marco Asensio reportedly being put on the table.
The two teams recently agreed to a deal that sent Casemiro to Old Trafford, and their discussions must not have finished with the 30-year-old defensive midfielder, with 26-year-old Asensio also being made available.
Asensio is coming off a season where he netted 10 goals in 31 LaLiga appearances, but has found himself relegated to a bench role this campaign, playing a total of seven minutes from Madrid's first two league fixtures.
TOP STORY – UNITED LOOK TO MADRID FOR FURTHER REINFORCEMENTS
According to the Telegraph, United have been told Asensio will cost €30million, and Arsenal are also interested in the Spain international as he searches for playing time ahead of the World Cup.
However, further reporting from ESPN claims United will not pull the trigger on any move for Asensio until they figure out if Ajax winger Antony is attainable, with that move being their priority, and a price tag said to be in the range of €100m.
Ajax have been firm on their desire to retain the services of their 22-year-old Brazilian up until this point, and if they remain that way, Asensio would be a more-than-adequate contingency plan – if he wants to go there.
– The Times reports that Paris Saint-Germain had a £59m bid for Bernardo Silva turned down by Manchester City.
– According to AS Roma Live, Jose Mourinho views Arsenal midfielder Albert Sambi Lokonga as a potential replacement at Roma for the injured Georginio Wijnaldum.
– Cristiano Ronaldo's agent has reportedly made contact with Napoli, who would only be able to bring in the 37-year-old if they part ways with promising young striker Victor Osimhen, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
– Foot Mercato is reporting Nottingham Forest have secured yet another signing, with former Villarreal full-back Serge Aurier agreeing to terms on a free transfer.
– According to the Telegraph, Newcastle United have moved on from their chase of Watford forward Joao Pedro, and are now hoping to bring in Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher on loan.