Borussia Dortmund have revealed that the 28-year-old underwent medical examinations on Monday after he complained about feeling unwell following training. A testicular tumour was discovered during Haller's examinations, with further tests scheduled to take place in a specialist medical facility over the coming days.
The former West Ham forward, who was top scorer in the Eredivisie with Ajax, netting 21 league goals in 31 games, thanked a stream of well-wishers.
Haller said on Twitter: "Thank you all for your many messages of support and affection since yesterday's announcement. My family and I thank you. I will now focus on my recovery to come back stronger." Dortmund announced Haller's diagnoses on Twitter and the club's sporting director Sebastian Kehl said: "This news today came as a shock to Sebastien Haller and everyone else. "The entire BVB family hopes that Sebastien makes a full recovery as soon as possible and that we can give him a hug again soon. "We'll do everything in our power to ensure that he receives the best possible treatment."
West Ham captain Declan Rice posted on Twitter: "Thoughts are with you my brother! " "Praying you have a speedy recovery."
West Ham's own account: "We're with you, @HallerSeb. Wishing you the best with your recovery." Haller's team-mate at Dortmund, England midfielder Jude Bellingham, tweeted his support for the Ivory Coast international. Bellingham said: "Stay strong and get better soon brother, we're all with you!" Haller joined Dortmund from Ajax earlier this month for a reported £27million, signing a four-year deal, after scoring 32 goals in 36 appearances in all competitions for the Dutch club last season. He spent one and a half seasons at West Ham, making over 50 appearances, before the Hammers sold him to Ajax for £20.25m in January 2021.
The article Sebastien Haller defiant after testicular tumour diagnosis appeared first on Planetsport.com.