Serie A - Italian transfer news: Napoli agree €37m Higuain deal

Napoli have agreed a €37m deal with Real Madrid for Gonzalo Higuain, according to reports in Italy which claim the player’s contract will be worked through on Tuesday night.

FootballEspana
Serie A - Napoli set to present Higuain
.

View photo

Gonzalo Higuain has been closely linked with both Arsenal and Chelsea as well as Napoli

Several media outlets have quoted the figure as the agreed sum, with Sky Sport Italia reporting that the lawyers are already in a meeting to whittle down the details of the contract.

The main sticking point remains image rights as Real Madrid allowed Higuain to keep 50 per cent of his sponsorship contract with Nike.

It is reported Napoli would be prepared to allow that situation to continue for one or even two years, but from the third all image rights would go to the club.

His wages would be worth €6m per season and it's rumoured he called ex-Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi for advice on the club.

The Partenopei are hoping to secure the transfer as soon as possible to provide Rafa Benitez with a replacement for Edinson Cavani.

Higuain would be the third arrival from Real Madrid this summer after Raul Albiol and Jose Callejon.

Julio Cesar’s agent has revealed that talks with Napoli collapsed because they didn’t want to pay his wages but says that Arsenal are a concrete option.

The QPR goalkeeper is looking for a new club after their relegation from the Premier League and had been extremely close to joining Napoli this week.

There have also been reports of interest from Fiorentina, Milan and Roma.

“In Italy recently I have only spoken to Napoli,” agent Josias Cardoso told Calciomercato.it.

“President Aurelio De Laurentiis wanted him, but didn’t want to pay Julio’s current wages. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world and after a great Confederations Cup performance he showed his desire to come back to Italy by demanding nothing more.

“It would’ve been normal for someone in his position to ask for a pay rise, but he didn’t. Is there still hope of seeing him in Italy? If I don’t have official contact with a club, then I cannot have hope.

“I recently have not had contact with Milan or Roma. Arsenal remain a concrete option.”

There are reports CSKA Moscow are refusing to sell Keisuke Honda to Milan because his replacement is injured.

A crunch meeting was held this evening between Milan representatives, Honda’s brother and the Russian club in Moscow.

However, Sky Sport Italia claim the encounter was a desperate disappointment for the Rossoneri in their bid to take the player straight away.

CSKA Moscow pointed out Georgi Milanov picked up an injury and therefore they cannot spare Honda for the next six months.

The move is only postponed until January 2014, as the Japanese international will be a free agent on December 31 when his contract expires.

Italian media claim Roma director Walter Sabatini has flown out to complete the €8m swoop for Arsenal’s Gervinho.

Their interest in the striker has been clear for several weeks and according to Calciomercato.com a deal could be imminent.

It’s reported director of sport Sabatini has flown to London today in order to conclude negotiations with both Arsenal and Gervinho.

The Gunners are thought to have accepted an offer of €8m – approximately £7m – for the 26-year-old Ivory Coast international.

It is believed Roma stepped up their efforts for Gervinho after finding difficulty in their talks with Nacional for Gonzalo Bueno.

Inter’s proposed move for Basel’s Aleksandar Dragovic has hit a snag, so the Nerazzurri are focusing their attention on Danilo.

The 22-year-old Austria international has been heavily linked with a move to San Siro this summer, with stories emerging earlier this month that a deal had all-but been agreed.

However, negotiations have hit stalemate, and as such Walter Mazzarri’s side are focusing on other targets – one of those being Udinese’s Brazilian defender.

The 29-year-old was virtually ever-present for the Zebrette last season playing in 32 League games for Francesco Guidolin’s men.

He could be available for around €8m.

M’Baye Niang’s proposed move from Milan to Sampdoria will not happen, Il Secolo XIX have claimed this afternoon.

The young French forward has been rumoured to be on the verge of joining the Bluerchiati this summer so as to get first team experience next season.

But the Genoa-based newspaper has insisted that the deal will not go through because the Rossoneri see the 18-year-old as a part of the squad for next term.

Niang played 20 times for Massimiliano Allegri’s men last term in the League, but failed to score a single goal.

Livorno have released a statement denying reports of a deal for Blackburn defender Gael Givet.

The rumours emerged that the 31-year-old Frenchman was set for a medical with the newly-promoted Serie A side.

“In reference to negotiations for the possible transfer to the Amaranto of Gael Givet, AS Livorno Calcio point out that no financial agreement has been reached with the French player’s club,” read a statement.

Givet’s contract with Blackburn Rovers is set to expire in June 2014.

It is not clear if the deal will now collapse completely, negotiations are set to continue or Livorno are prepared to wait until Givet becomes a free agent next summer.

Roma have denied reports that they owe Uruguayan side Nacional €400,000 over the sale of striker Nicolas Lopez.

The young forward left the Giallorossi this summer in a co-ownership deal with Udinese, and the capital club have insisted they do not owe the South American team anything in sell-on fees.

“Roma have fulfilled all obligations in relation to the payment of the termination clause of the contract of Nicolas Loepz,” a statement read on their website.

“All that remains is to determine the training compensation, for which we are awaiting the approval of FIFA.”

View comments (10)
Write for Yahoo Sport