- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
More than three decades into his professional career, Rob Lawler has another shot at the World Snooker Tour after coming through 2022 Q-School. The 50-year-old had a fantastic week at Q-School earlier in May, culminating in his 4-3 win over Brandon Sargeant in the final round. The result earned him two more years on the World Snooker Tour, a chance that he thought he would never get again after being relegated at the end of the 2021 season. A year without a card has left him very grateful for the opportunity to get back on tour. "What I missed was the buzz of playing in big tournaments," he said Lawler. "During my year away from the tour I played in the odd amateur and seniors event, but it wasn't the same. "So I'm just delighted to be back on the pro scene and I will enjoy it and appreciate it more than ever.
— World Snooker Tour (@WeAreWST) May 22, 2022
"I realise I'm in the latter part of my career and just trying to keep going for as many seasons as I can. "Hopefully I can play some good matches and be competitive against the better players." He is confident he can be competitive because his experience gives him an edge, especially over the younger players. "I think I'm a better player now than I was in my 20s when I was very naive," he said. "I expect a lot of others in their 40s and 50s would say the same. At Q School I wasn't blowing my opponents away, but just using my experience, playing the right shots and being mentally ready to take chances when they came along."
The article Snooker News: Rod Lawler relishing World Snooker Tour comeback chance after Q-School heroics appeared first on Planetsport.com.