Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are mixed at the midday mark, with the utilities (XLU) sector the most in the green, while financials (XLF) are the most in the red. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Myles Udland and Pras Subramanian.
Today’s Midday Movers topics:
- JC Penney shares slide on disappointing same store sales
- Money flowing from US to European markets
- US and China sign trade deal
- Index funds and the debate over passive vs active investing
- Fyre Festival CEO can’t pay workers, but says they can ‘help out’