'Stronger' Savannah Marshall promises improved display in super-middleweight world title shot
Savannah Marshall insists she is a 'stronger' fighter and has learned from her mistakes as she prepares to face undisputed super-middleweight champion Franchon Crews-Dezurn on June 17.
The 31-year-old will be in action for the first time since losing her WBO middleweight belt and undefeated record to Claressa Shields in October.
And the Briton says the tough loss to Shields helped her spot "faults" in her style.
"I want to be world champion again, this is what it's all about," she said.
"It's about learning. I learned a lot about myself. It's definitely made me stronger.
"I'd never been beaten in a pro ring before so you see faults that you'd never seen previously."
Crews-Dezurn, 35, and Marshall each have one defeat on their records - both coming against the self-proclaimed 'GWOAT' Shields.
Marshall and Shields made history as the first female fighters to headline at the O2 Arena in one of the biggest bouts of 2022.
And, after negotiations to stage an immediate rematch fell through, Marshall now wants to move on from that longstanding rivalry
She added: "At the time it was amazing but now for me, nothing lasts forever.
"It's all about being in this moment in time, here and now. Now it's Franchon, it's all about Franchon.
"Claressa has been and gone, I can't hold on to that."
Marshall, who has 10 knockouts in 12 wins, will be facing Crews-Dezurn in a co-main event alongside the rematch between Liam Smith and Chris Eubank Jr.
The article 'Stronger' Savannah Marshall promises improved display in super-middleweight world title shot appeared first on Planetsport.com.