The round at the Buddh International near the national capital New Delhi had been scheduled to be the second event of the season.
But the FIM said that the date change is "due to an insufficient period of time to properly finalise the training of the marshals and medical staff around the racetrack. "FIM representatives will be at the Indian track on 19, 20 and 21 this January, in order to carry out the final racetrack homologation and provide the relevant seminars about the different aspects involved in the sporting organisation of the event." There will now be a seven week gap after the opening round of the season in Australia.
Calendar: 1. Australia Phillip Island 24 February
2. Spain Motorland Aragon 14 April
3. Netherlands Assen 28 April
4. Italy Monza 12 May
5. Europe Donington Park 26 May
6. Portugal Portimao 9 June (STC)
7. TBA TBA 23 June
8. Italy Imola 30 June (STC)
9. Russia Moscow Raceway 21 July
10. Great Britain Silverstone 4 August
11. Germany Nurburgring 1 September
12. USA Laguna Seca 29 September 13. France Magny-Cours 6 October 14. Spain Jerez 20 October 15. India Buddh Circuit 17 November
- Sports & Recreation