SINGAPORE — Wedding venue The Orange Ballroom was ordered on Monday (22 March) to close for 20 days for "egregious breaches" of the COVID-19 safe management measures for allowing a couple to host three wedding receptions involving 275 people, said the Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
Under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020, a couple is allowed only one wedding reception, involving not more than 100 people, including the groom and bride.
The SLA said that its safe distancing ambassadors had on 30 January conducted checks at the venue, located on the third floor of Tanjong Katong Complex in Geylang, and had noticed that the couple held two receptions at 1.30pm and 4.30pm.
Further investigations found that arrangements were made to host about 300 persons over three receptions on the same day.
Investigations are ongoing for potential breaches under the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations 2020, the authority added.
"Agencies take a serious view of any breach in safe management measures by wedding organisers, venue operators and individuals. We remind all companies involved in wedding events as well as couples planning their weddings to be fully aware of and strictly adhere to prevailing safe management measures to ensure the health and well-being of the community," said the SLA.
The Orange Ballroom was on 4 April last year announced as a COVID-19 cluster by authorities.
Stay in the know on-the-go: Join Yahoo Singapore's Telegram channel at http://t.me/YahooSingapore
More Singapore stories: