Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel declared the delay of the team bus on Wednesday night - only a week after a bomb attack on their bus - severely impaired his side's chance to overturn their Champions League quarter-final deficit against Monaco.
Following a traumatic experience after a bomb attack on the Dortmund bus which left Marc Bartra with a broken wrist and the first-leg to be postponed for 24 hours, Dortmund were held up by police in Monaco ahead of the match which would have set their minds racing once more.
It resulted in the match kicking off five minutes behind schedule and Tuchel said after his side's 3-1 defeat - 6-3 on aggregate: "The bus was supposed to depart at 7.15pm. Everyone was on the bus and the police were ready to accompany us, but then we were told we had to wait.
"We stayed there for 16 or 17 minutes and when we tried to find out why, they just said it was for security reasons."
— ⚽️ OneTwoFootball ⚽️ (@FootballOne_Two) 19 April 2017
After the trauma from last week's attack still fresh in the teams mind and a lack of communication from authorities, Tuchel added: "It was the worst thing that could happen a week after the attack, everyone was on the bus ready to go but we were not allowed to.
"You come into such a game trying to have a clear mind to go out and turn the tie around, but with just an hour and a quarter to go before the match, we were not able to think about football at all and it wasn't ideal."
With five games left in Dortmunds Bundesliga season, Tuchel looks set to steer BVB back to the Champions League next season, but he will be hoping to overcome a one point deficit to Hoffenheim to push into the automatic qualifying positions.