Three men are wanted over a break-in at Raheem Sterling’s home and dozens of other burglaries across southeast England in which an estimated £1 million worth of items are believed to have been stolen.
Det Insp James Ansell, from Surrey Police, told the BBC that detectives were searching for Albanian nationals Alfred Isufi, 48, Gerard Kalaja, 22, and Henri Osmani, 44.
The trio are being sought for questioning over 33 burglaries throughout Surrey, Essex, Kent and Hertfordshire, including a break-in at Sterling’s home during last year’s World Cup, which was said to have left the England footballer shaken and concerned about the wellbeing of his children.
An estimated £300,000 worth of jewellery and watches were stolen from Sterling’s home, while the total worth of items taken in all break-ins is believed to be £1 million.
Mr Ansell told the BBC: “Investigating burglary dwellings is a priority for Surrey Police and we will be relentless in pursuing these offenders.”
The break-in at Sterling’s home happened in Oxshott, Leatherhead, and was reported to police on December 3 during the World Cup in Qatar.
Some of the 27-year-old’s teammates intensified security at their own homes in response, it was reported.
England manager Gareth Southgate said at the time: “We’ve got to give him time to try to resolve that or be there for his family. That’s the most important thing at this time, so we’re going to give him that space.
“It didn’t impact team selection.”
On Thursday, a trial date was set for a 23-year-old man who was charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in connection with the break-in Sterling’s home.
Emiliano Krosi, of Ditton Court Road, Southend-on-Sea, appeared at Guildford Crown Court to face 33 counts of conspiracy to commit burglary.
Judge Rufus Taylor adjourned the case for a plea hearing on November 3 and the two-week trial to start on February 14, 2024.