Liverpool have plans in place to make one more sensational transfer splash this month with a A-list midfielder in their sights, Chelsea are bidding to sign a former Tottenham winger, while Saturday’s Transfer Gossip claims Lionel Messi is heading to Saudi Arabia and will earn wages vastly superior to Cristiano Ronaldo.
BOX-OFFICE SIGNING ON LIVERPOOL TRANSFER RADAR
Liverpool are still hopeful of signing an A-list midfielder before the transfer window closes this month, claims a report.
Jurgen Klopp has so far added Cody Gakpo to his squad in a move that further cements their attacking options.
But their main concerns lie in midfield with a number of stars seemingly heading for the exit door. Both Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are out of contract this summer and likely to leave as free agents. And while TEAMtalk has revealed a Klopp U-turn over their futures, the likihood is that both will walk away.
James Milner, 37 earlier this month, may also be in the final throws of his illustrious Anfield career.
As such, signing a couple of top midfielders is now very much top of Klopp’s transfer agenda.
The German, though, was quick to play down claims of any more transfer arrivals at Anfield this month, during Friday’s presser.
However, Football Insider claims Liverpool have cash set aside for another major coup this month.
They claim that behind the scenes, their recruitment team have the backing of Fenway Sports Group, to bring in one more big name this month.
And their report says a list of A-star midfield targets has been drawn up, with a loan-to-buy deal not out the question for the Merseysiders.
Liverpool’s No 1 target remains Jude Bellingham and work is being put in to secure his signing in a club-record deal. However, any such move remains more likely in the summer.
For this month, though, there remains hope another midfielder may still come in.
Sofyan Amrabat transfer meeting held by Liverpool
Liverpool are being linked with the likes of Moises Caicedo, Enzo Fernandez and Declan Rice, with all three players Klopp admires. Deals for those, however, all look complicated for various reasons. Of the trio, though, Bright’s Caicedo looks perhaps the most obtainable.
One man they do look unlikely to sign, however, is Sofyan Amrabat.
The Moroccan highlighted his abilities with an excellent World Cup and has since been strongly linked with the Reds.
Now reports in France confirm Liverpool have held a meeting with the Fiorentina star’s entourage.
However, Liverpool’s meeting with the 26-year-old has proved unsuccessful. And they report that Amrabat has told them of his intentions to sign elsewhere, with Atletico Madrid reportedly closing on his signature.
Marca reported just last month of Amrabat’s interest in signing for Atleti.
“It is a great honour to be associated with these sorts of clubs. Right now I’m playing for Fiorentina. I have a lot of respect for my club, it’s a great team.
“I have a great coach and a wonderful relationship with the owner Rocco Commisso. He brought me to Fiorentina, and with Joe Barone (General Manager of the club) and Daniele Prade (Sporting Director). I have a lot of respect for them and for the club.”
When pressed about Atletico, though, he added: “I don’t like to talk about others. But yes, what [Diego] Simeone does, what he has achieved… he has coached Atletico Madrid for many years. I like his style of play. He has won a lot and I have a lot of respect for him. The players on his team are physically strong and aggressive. I like to play that way.”
CHELSEA LAUNCH BID TO SIGN NONI MADUEKE
Chelsea’s January spending is far from done with the Blues launching a move to sign PSV winger Noni Madueke.
Having already brought in four players this month – David Datro Fofana, Andrey Santos, Benoit Badiashile and Joao Felix – they are seemingly far from done.
Indeed, reports claim they are in advanced talks to sign Borussia Monchengladbach striker Marcus Thuram.
But it seems they are not done there with Madueke also on their wanted list.
PSV picked up the England U21 winger back in 2018 after he had spent four years on the books at Tottenham. He never made a senior appearance for Spurs – but has impresses since moving to the Netherlands.
Now the Dutch giants are willing to sell the England Under-21 winger this month if the price is right.
Indeed, Fabrizio Romano claims that Chelsea are in talks, having submitted an opening £26.6m (€30m) proposal for Madueke.
Playing off the right wing and still only 20, Madueke has 20 goals in 79 appearances for PSV, adding a further nine assists.
LIONEL MESSI GETS SAUDI CONTRACT OFFER TO TOP CRISTIANO RONALDO
Cristiano Ronaldo’s status as the world’s highest-paid sports star could be soon be beaten amid claims Al-Hilal are moving for Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo had his contract ripped up at Manchester United late last year, leaving him free to join a side of his choosing.
And he moved to Saudi Arabia with Al-Nassr, signing a two-and-a-half-year deal worth £173m a year.
That deal sees him earn a staggering £3.33m a week – or £476,000 a day.
However, his eye-watering wages could soon be topped by Al-Nassr’s rivals, Al-Hilal, amid claims they are targeting Messi.
The World Cup winner is out of contract at PSG at the end of this season. He could yet sign an extension in Paris, while Inter Miami are also keen to bring the legendary Argentine to America.
However, Mundo Deportivo claims the race to sign Messi could be won by Al-Hilal.
They are reportedly preparing a contract worth up to £288mm a year – vastly superior to what Ronaldo earns.
And it seems the package will be just too much for Messi to turn down, with the move now seemingly likely.
Al-Hilal currently sit third in the Saudi Pro League, three points behind Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr at the top of the table.
READ MORE ~ Cristiano Ronaldo: Newcastle claims addressed as star finalises Al Nassr transfer with no second thoughts about Man Utd
The article Transfer Gossip: Liverpool working on marquee signing as talks with Serie A midfielder are held; Chelsea submit £26.6m bid for former Tottenham winger appeared first on Teamtalk.com.