Transfer Gossip: Man Utd told Victor Osimhen deal is on as formidable foe gives Ten Hag major nod; Conte exit to cost Tottenham major signing
Manchester United have been given a big push forward in their chase for Victor Osimhen, Tottenham will see hopes of a big summer signing crushed should Antonio Conte depart, while Thursday’s Transfer Gossip reveals Jordan Pickford’s new Everton deal might not be all it seems.
VICTOR OSIMHEN CLEARED FOR MAN UTD TRANSFER
Manchester United have been given what looks a major transfer green light to sign Victor Osimhen this summer.
Erik ten Hag has done an excellent job in his first season in charge and can end their six-year trophy drought this weekend. And the Dutchman will hope that Carabao Cup success, if they can beat Newcastle, will be the first of many pieces of silverware.
Before then, United will face Barcelona in a huge Europa League clash. With the tie delicately balanced at 2-2, United will need to be at their best to overcome the LaLiga leaders.
They also have growing ambitions of winning the Premier League title. As it stands, they are just five points adrift of Arsenal at the top.
Realistically, though, a more firm challenge will form a major part of their ambitions next season.
And to help get them there, Manchester United will need to sign a new, big-name striker.
To that end, Ten Hag seemingly has three names in mind in his pursuit of a new No 9.
And while deals for Harry Kane and Dusan Vlahovic may prove difficult to pull off, it seems they will have more joy with Osimhen.
For starters, the striker has this week firmly left the door ajar over a summer move to Old Trafford. Indeed, Osimhen’s comments were a major tease for United in their pursuit of a proposed summer swoop.
Napoli chief admits Man Utd can sign Osimhen
And with the striker boasting 20 goals from 24 appearances so far this season, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis knows Osimhen will be a man in demand.
Any deal for Osimhen will reportedly set United back at least £105.7m (€120m).
However, De Laurentiis – often one of the toughest negotiators – has given United encouragement that he could be open to his sale.
Refusing to rule out a big-money departure, De Laurentiis spoke to TNT Sports.
“I am very good at making contracts, so when they come to me, they are blocked, so keeping them here won’t be difficult.
“However, I will never say never. Sometimes there are offers you can’t refuse, so you never know. To me, though, I hope we’ll see them shine for a long time.”
Another player United have been linked with in the past is Hirving Lozano. Any United approach this summer for the Mexican appears unlikely, though De Laurentiis admits his future is also uncertain.
“I like Lozano, he gets regular playing time and is an excellent player. He has changed agents lately, so we must meet them to discuss his future. I hope he will stay for a long time.
“He is an extraordinary player who can be very useful to those scoring goals; sometimes he also scores.”
READ MORE: Ian Wright names one star Man Utd must break bank to sign with dream trio to spearhead 2024 title glory
CONTE EXIT TO COST TOTTENHAM CHANCE OF SIGNING TOP ITALY STAR
Tottenham have been told their hopes of signing an Italian star this summer will evaporate if Antonio Conte leaves the club.
Spurs have a number of issues to address this summer, not least the future of manager Conte.
His deal expires at the end of the season and rumours are mounting that he could return to Italy.
Were that to happen, Tottenham are being strongly linked with bringing Mauricio Pochettino back into the hotseat.
And while his return would be hugely popular among the Spurs faithful, the Argentine will be faced with a number of issues to address.
To that end, Tottenham will need to sign a new goalkeeper, a new centre-half and potentially a new midfielder too.
The keeper issue is certainly a pressing one with Hugo Lloris currently a shadow of his former self. Currently injured anyway, his displays this season have been a big disappointment with mistakes creeping into his game.
As such, Tottenham are looking at a number of big names to replace the long-serving Frenchman.
Interest from within the Premier League comes in the shape of Robert Sanchez and David Raya.
Spurs keen on Alex Meret
However, Spurs are also casting their eyes further afield with Napoli goalkeeper Alex Meret reportedly on their radar.
And while Meret was seemingly intrigued by their interest, Ciro Venerato says any hopes they have will end if Conte departs as manager.
Speaking to 1 Radio in Italy, the journalist said: “Tottenham were interested, but in the light of the evolution regarding the permanence of Conte and Paratici, I cannot say how much the Londoners can sink the blow.
“Any market story should be taken with a grain of salt. I suppose, in fact, that any English sirens would certainly not be ruled out by the boy and his entourage. This is why the club followed Vicario with interest. I don’t exclude, however, that the parties may find an agreement for the continuation of the relationship.”
Thankfully for Spurs, it seems that they have agreed another deal for a new goalkeeper, per reports in Turkey.
JORDAN PICKFORD NEARING NEW EVERTON DEAL
Another goalkeeper Tottenham have been linked with in the past is Jordan Pickford.
But it seems the Everton goalkeeper is on the brink of agreeing a new deal at Goodison Park, reports The Times.
The 28-year-old is England No 1 is out of contract with the Toffees in 18 months time. And in the wake of their struggles in recent seasons, it has been suggested that a move away could be on the cards.
Indeed, as well as Spurs, Manchester United are also reportedly casting an eye on the former Sunderland man.
However, Pickford is reportedly ‘extremely happy’ at Goodison Park and will soon commit to a new deal.
That will likely tie him down to Everton for the next few seasons, and bring an end to speculation over his future. Or so you might think.
However, The Times claims his new deal will contain certain clauses which may yet allow him to depart. Presumably they will focus around granting him permission to leave for a certain price were the Toffees to suffer relegation.
As it stands, Everton are currently 16th in the Premier League, just a point clear of the relegation zone.
However, Sean Dyche has helped the Blues claim six points from nine since taking charge, raising belief they can avoid the drop.
READ MORE: Ruthless Newcastle banish first-team forward to give Everton free shot at securing summer transfer
The article Transfer Gossip: Man Utd told Victor Osimhen deal is on as formidable foe gives Ten Hag major nod; Conte exit to cost Tottenham major signing appeared first on Teamtalk.com.