Vin Diesel reveals Fast X two-part finale is now a trilogy
Vin Diesel has seemingly confirmed that upcoming Fast and Furious finale Fast X will be a trilogy.
Speaking to a reporter ahead of the film's premiere in Rome, the actor teased that the finale could in-fact be three films long when asked about the future of his character Dom Toretto.
"Without giving away too much I can say this. Going into making this movie, the studio asked if this could be a two-parter," he began.
"And after the studio saw this part one, they said, 'Could you make Fast X the finale, a trilogy?' So, um…" Diesel trailed off, while co-star Michelle Rodriguez added that there's "three acts in any story."
Related: Paul Walker's daughter confirms Fast X cameo
While the pair were quick to make their exit before confirming the news, but it's looking likely that we could be getting a three-part finale from the franchise.
Alongside Diesel and Rodriguez, Fast X will see the return of Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Jordana Brewster, Ludacris, Charlize Theron and Nathalie Emmanuel. Captain Marvel star Brie Larson and The Suicide Squad's Daniela Melchior will also be joining the cast.
Aquaman star Jason Momoa will be starring as the franchise's latest villain Dante Reyes, the previously unknown son of Fast Five's antagonist.
Related: Fast X adding credit scene with mystery cameo star
Diesel previously revealed that he believes the finale will be a fitting and emotional goodbye to Paul Walker's character Brian O’Conner.
The actor tragically passed away while filming Fast & Furious 7 back in 2013, with the studio choosing not to kill off his character at the time.
"That moment in 2013 when the world was struggling with his loss, the studio made a very bold and righteous and daring decision to keep Brian O'Conner alive," the actor told Total Film.
"I will give you this without spoiling anything: I couldn't image this saga ending without truly saying goodbye to Brian O'Conner."
Fast X will be released in cinemas on May 19.
You Might Also Like