Zinedine Zidane questions his future at Real Madrid while welcoming Isco snub to Barcelona

Eduardo Fernandez-Abascal
Zinedine Zidane

Zinedine Zidane has shocked Real Madrid fans after admitting that he might not be the Los Blancos manager in the 2017-2018 season. Meanwhile, the France boss welcomed Isco's recent tweet in which the Spanish international ruled out to make a future move to Barcelona.

The 44-year-old manager was appointed Real Madrid boss in January 2016 and only needed months to lead Los Blancos to the Champions League crown.

Trending: One for Arthur wins 2017 Grand National at Aintree

The Frenchman also has his side in contention to win both the European trophy and La Liga in the current campaign. Los Blancos face Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the Champions League while at the top of the La Liga table, two points ahead of Barcelona and with one game in hand.

However, Zidane is well aware that the current promising situation will be worth nothing at the end of the season if Real Madrid don't win a title.

Don't miss: 'Fight is on': Pearl Gonzalez's debut at UFC 210 gets clearance from Dana White amid breast implants row

Real Madrid parted ways with Carlo Ancelotti in the summer of 2015 only one year after winning the 10th Champions League of the club and Zidane took over Benitez after the Spaniard only had seven months to prove his worth at the Bernabeu.

Zidane thus admitted that his long-term future at Real Madrid is uncertain even though his current contract won't expire until the summer of 2018.

Most popular: Valtteri Bottas 'kind of fortunate' to get Mercedes seat says Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo

"I'm not preparing anything (for next season). All I'm focused on is what's left of the season. You know the stature of this club, I know it too, and I know what it means to coach Real Madrid, for better or for worse. I'm ready for anything and that's why I only speak about the next game, that's all I'm interested in. The important game is tomorrow, there are three points to play for. I don't know what will happen beyond that," Zidane said in the press conference ahead of the derby with Atletico Madrid on Saturday (8 April).

"I always stay positive, whatever happens in life. I'm lucky enough to be here and do what I love every day. There are many people in the world who don't enjoy what they do, so I make the most of every day and I'm always positive".

A defeat against Diego Simeone's side could dent Real Madrid hopes to win the title as Barcelona would overtake them at the top of the La Liga table if the Catalans beat Malaga in their respective fixture.

The other Real Madrid star with an uncertain future at the La Liga giants is Isco, as the midfielder has publicly admitted his frustration over a lack of playing time. Recent reports even suggested that Barcelona could take advantage of the situation to lure him to the Nou Camp but earlier on Thursday the player posted a tweet to rule out that possibility.

Zidane had previously claimed that he wants Isco to sign a new deal and now welcomes that the player has made it clear that he won't join Barcelona.

"There's no controversy. Isco is very happy here and we're all just thinking about tomorrow," Zidane said. "We know this is just part of football, but all we're interested in is what happens out on the pitch, nothing more. I'm more relaxed now he's said he's not going to Barcelona."

You may be interested in:

By using Yahoo you agree that Yahoo and partners may use Cookies for personalisation and other purposes