No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
0-6 - DJOKOVIC WINS! Ljubicic saves one match point with an ace but then delivers a tame drop shot in the next point and Djokovic dispatches!
- - Ljubicic fights back to get a point on the board but Djokovic responds to have two match points!
- - Djokovic is rattling through the points now and is 30-0 ahead with a booming forehand.
0-4 - BREAK! Ljubicic is in dire straits and suffers another break of serve. This could be over very quickly...
0-3 - Djokovic holds to love to hammer home his advanatage!
0-2 - BREAK! While Ljubicic was rattling through the games just a few minutes ago, now Djokovic is taking him all the way and the duo have to battle through deuce three times before Djokovic breaks after Ljubicic pulls a forehand wide!
0-1 - Surely the momentum is back with Djokovic now? He certainly looks a bit happier on court as he holds to 30.
4-6 - DJOKOVIC BREAKS FOR THE SET! Perfect timing from the Serb as he dispatches Ljubicic at the first time of asking.
- - That's more like it from Djokovic, who fires his way into a 40-15 lead! Two break, and set, points...
4-5 - Djokovic holds to put the pressure back on Ljubicic.
4-4 - This really is a formidable performance from Ljubicic, who holds to 15. The Croat is putting all the pressure on Djokovic by quickly putting him back in to serve.
3-4 - Djokovic gets himself into a 40-15 lead but can't close the game out and allows Ljubicic back in to level at deuce. Ljubicic lets two break points slip and Djokovic survives the scare! Was that Lubi's chance?
3-3 - Ljubicic sends over a booming forward which Djokovic just about gets back, only to see Ljubicic deliver a delicate drop shot to hold to love.
2-3 - Ljubicic pulls back to deuce but Djokovic holds his nerve to convert the next two points and keep his nose in front. But the 22-year-old will need to start making head-way on Ljubicic's serve...
2-2 - Djokovic lets out a huge cry as he fails to get near another Ljubicic serve. And his frustration is compounded as Ljubicic sends down another ace to seal the game.
- - No need for Djokovic fans to panic just yet. Their man lost the first set against Viktor Troicki in the previous set but bounced back to win in three.
1-2 - No problems for Djokovic on his serve and the Serb holds to 15 with Ljubicic unsuccessfully challenging the final point.
1-1 - Ljubicic holds to 30. That's the first time Djokovic has won two points on Ljubicic's serve!
0-1 - Ljubicic picks up where he left off and wins the opening point on Djokovic's serve, the world number two hits back to seal a long valley with an excellent instinctive volley before wrapping up the game.
6-2 - SET! Djokovic looks dead and buried in this set the Ljubicic opens the game with an ace followed by a forehand winner! It's all to easy for Ljubicic, who wraps up the opening set.
5-2 - DOUBLE BREAK! Djokovic is really struggling to handle Ljubicic's game and the Croat make him pay with a superb double break.
4-2 - Ljubicic holds to cement his advantage.
3-2 - BREAK! Ljubicic hammers a beautiful forehand down the line to lead 0-30. Djokovic fights back to deuce and rescues a break point at the net but then hands Ljubicic the first break of the night with two unforced errors!
2-2 - Ljubicic's best performance at a Grand Slam came in 2006, when he reached the French Open semi-final. In fact, 2006 was a very successful year for the 6'4" Croat, who also made the Australian Open quarter-final and Wimbledon third round. Another comfortable hold to 15.
1-2 - Ljubicic opens with a sweet backhand down the line but Djokovic responds in the next with a booming forehand and doesn't give his Croatian opponent a sniff from there.
1-1 - Ljubicic served excellently in his second round win over Aussie Open semi-finallist Tsonga and continues that form today, holding to love, and finished with an ace, to open his account.
0-1 - Ljubicic's only victory against Djokovic came in their first meeting back in 2006. Solid start for Novak as he holds to 30.
0-0 - Djokovic will serve first...here we go!
- - They last met at the 2009 US Open, with Djokovic a comprehensive 6-3 6-1 6-3 winner.
- - These two have played five times previously, with the head-to-head reading 4-1 in Djokovic's favour.
- - Earlier today, Marin Cilic's campaign ended at the hands of Austria's Juergen Melzer: Cilic latest seed to crash out in Dubai
- - Defending champion Djokovic is effectively the top seed after Roger Federer's late retirement.
- - Djokovic is the only top five seed left in action in Dubai after Andy Murray's shock defeat yesterday: Murray crashes out in Dubai
- - Welcome to LIVE text commentary of Novak Djokovic's quarter-final clash with Ivan Ljubicic.
|Date of Birth||19/03/1979|
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|