|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Classy performance from Henin. She blew Petrova off the court in the first set. The Russian fought back in the second, but still the Belgian was the better player. A mouthwatering clash with Kim Clijsters now awaits - a battle of the Belgian returnees.
6-4 - MATCH! Petrova serves to stay in the game. She claims the first point but she's furious with herself when she hits the net with a drop shot, and then puts a backhand half-volley approach long to let Henin in at 15-30. It's a mess of a second serve from the Russian as she concedes a double fault and match point in the process, and she makes an error which hands the game to the Belgian!
5-4 - No nonsense from Henin - the serve is in good order as she holds to love, finishing the last two points with aces.
4-4 - Petrova hits her seventh ace of the match en route to a 40-0 lead. Henin pulls one back with a delightful drop shot, then builds patiently on the backhand until she is back to deuce. Petrova finds a big body serve for advantage, then blasts a backhand down the line to level things in this set.
4-3 - Two aces in that game as the Belgian moves into the lead and reasserts her authority.
3-3 - BREAK! Wonderful flowing forehand from Henin claims the first point, and a fierce low backhand is too much for Petrova to handle and the Belgian has three break points. Petrova saves them all, only to concede a break point immediately afterwards. Henin smacks a backhand crosscourt and it's far too good for her opponent. We're back on serve in the second set.
2-3 - Petrova looking much better in the rallies now, and thumps a backhand winner to her delight to give her a 15-30 advantage. Henin is not about to be broken twice in a row, however, and regroups to claim the game.
1-3 - Petrova still not getting the first services in as much as she would like, and that allows Henin to force deuce. Henin slips chasing down a Petrova forehand, but it's out in any case for a break point. She misses by a whisker on her passing effort, and Petrova scrambles back to advantage, before converting it.
1-2 - BREAK! Just a hint of a chance for Petrova at 15-30, and Henin's second serve sat up for her, but she hits the net. Quality backhands down the line and crosscourt give the Belgian game point. Petrova keeps in the game, and an error on the forehand produces break point. A long rally gives Petrova the upper hand and Henin clatters a backhand into the net.
1-1 - Petrova makes a resolved start to the service game, racing into a 40-0 lead. There's a hint of tension as she allows Henin back in, but the Belgian slices a backhand into the net so the Russian holds.
1-0 - Henin begins with a comfortable service game, and has the early lead in the second set.
- - Petrova has only hit 52% of her first serves, and won only 50% of her first serve points. If she repeats those numbers in the next set, it will be a short match.
6-1 - SET! Petrova's first serves are powerful, but unless she gets it absolutely right the Belgian is retuning superbly. Her forehand crosscourt return is struck at a wonderful angle and gives her set point, but she misses her next return to return to deuce. Henin earns another break point after following a barrage of single-handed backhands with a forehand drop shot, but Petrova holds her off once more. After three deuces Petrova can hold out no longer. Break - and the set.
5-1 - A little wobble on the Henin serve as Petrova gets to 0-30. Henin fights back to level things, but then hits a double fault to hand her opponent break point, but Petrova cannot take advantage. Henin regains her composure and protects her lead.
- - News just in - the winner of this match will face Kim Clijsters - who has just beaten Kirilenko on Court Two. At this rate, it could be an intriguing all-Belgian clash.
4-1 - BREAK! Henin opens up with a pass down the line, which catches the back of the baseline and draws applause from Petrova. There's a half chance for her at 0-30, and when she rips a backhand pass crosscourt she has three break points. She saves the first two, and then the third with a two-handed backhand out of Henin's reach. A poor Petrova drop shot allows Henin in once more, and she goes long to hand the Belgian a double break.
3-1 - Antoher ace from Henin and a deft volley with no backswing whatsoever as she races to game point, and she holds to love with a forehand down the line.
2-1 - Better serving from Petrova and she gets herself to 40-15. When Henin hits a forehand just too long, the Russian breathes a sigh of relief and heads to the chair.
2-0 - Henin begins with a superb service game, sweeping the ball past her Russian opponent en route to 40-0, and finishing with an ace down the middle.
1-0 - BREAK! Three points in, and Henin lands her first forehand pass past the onrushing Petrova. The Russian responds with an ace down the middle but another Henin forehand gives her break point. Petrova hits the net, and Henin opens with a break! Petrova needs to get more first serves in.
- - It's Henin's first game on Centre Court since 2007, and it's Petrova who will serve first.
- - Another day, and another sunny sky. There hasn't looked like being a drop of rain to call the Centre Court roof into action.
- - Henin can take comfort from her record against Petrova – 15 meetings between them, and the Belgian has won all but two of them. That includes their only previous match on grass and two occasions this year as Henin returned to the tour.
- - Henin beat Barrois and Sevastova to reach the third round without dropping a set, while Petrova overcame Chan and Malek equally comfortably.
- - Petrova has been to the heights of world number 3, but has never reached a Grand Slam final – her best was twice reaching the semis of the French. Like most of Henin’s opponents, Petrova will have the height advantage today, and she’ll need to impose herself on the game early to avoid being blown away as quickly as Henin’s previous opponents.
- - Henin is on the comeback trail after a career which saw her soar to the number one ranking and seven Grand Slam titles. The Wimbledon title is the only one that eludes her, and the road to glory this year is littered with top opponents – Petrova here, then possibly Clijsters in the next round just to reach the quarters.
- - This could be the most interesting match-up of the women’s third round - for both players it's a very tricky tie to have got in the last 32. Henin is the 17th seed, Petrova the 12th.
12:54 - Hello and welcome to Eurosport Yahoo!'s live updates of the third round clash between Justine Henin and Nadia Petrova on Centre Court.
|Date of Birth||01/06/1982|
|Date of Birth||08/06/1982|