No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Well played to Kevin Anderson, his game is far from complex but it was the perfect formula against a out-of-sorts Murray. The defending champion is straight out in Montreal!
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-6 - BREAK - sorry, last post should have said 1-5 for second set. A patchy seventh game in set two tussles its way to 30-30. Anderson gets match point with less than an hour played... and takes it immediately! What a defeat for Murray!
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-4 - Anderson takes one then double faults the next. Murray does well for 30-15. The South African finally starts to use his smash and it draws him level. He has 24 winners to Murray's 8. He aces for 40 but Murray places a good shot out of his reach to deuce it. Anderson takes two straight to make it 5-1!
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-4 - BREAK - Murray draws first blood but that's a great return for 15-15. Double fault puts Anderson ahead and another error gives the underdog two break points. He only needs one as Murray nets. This is looking bleak for the champ.
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-3 - Excellent open to game four of the second set. Great play by both and it's edged by Murray when his opponent underhits. 15 becomes 30 with an out after a fault but Anderson aces one back. A double fault gives Murray two break points, his first of the match, and he outs the first before netting for deuce. Anderson takes it from there and it's a massive chance squandered by Murray.
- - MURRAY 3-6 1-2 - Murray opens up with a rare ace but the net provides an assist for 15-15. Anderson has to sprint but makes it to turn the score around only for him to send a reply out of the court area and it's all square again. It's Murray who squeaks back in front and he pulls a game back with another ace.
- - MURRAY 3-6 0-2 - A confident Anderson sprints into a 40-0 lead before sweeping the struggling Scot with an out. Doesn't look like Murray has shown up at Court Central...
- - MURRAY 3-6 0-1 - BREAK - Murray double faults to begin the 2nd set but sharpens up to pull it back level. Good third exchange ends when Murray nets, as does the fourth. Anderson has two game points to break Murray's serve... but the holder does it for him, sending a sloppy backhand out!
- - Anderson served 3 aces to Murray's 1 and the two produced eight unforced errors each. Second set coming up...
- - MURRAY 3-6 - SET - After a few hiccups, Anderson is powering his will on Murray again and romps into a 40-15 lead for two set points. A great ace seals it, 1-0 Anderson.
- - MURRAY 3-5 - A cheeky soft backhand puts Murray ahead and the net makes it 30-0. Great defensive spinner by Anderson to pull one back but Murray hustles to fight Anderson's forceful play for 40-15. The South African neglecting to smash when it seems to be the best option so far, and Murray finishes up for his third game.
- - MURRAY 2-5 - A frantic exchange of volleys ends in Murray's favour but Anderson coolly fakes him out for 15-15. An ace turns the tables for the server, who then powers to 40 but is only just denied the game by the net. Murray gets deuce but Anderson takes it from there.
- - MURRAY 2-4 - Their longest exchange thus far ends when Anderson nets, and the epic tend continues when he fluffs a low backhand for 30-0. Fault and a net make it 30-15 before Murray takes the next two to pull another game back.
- - MURRAY 1-4 - While Anderson opens up with a clever quick backhand, Murray does superbly to tie at full stretch. Another captivating tussle ends 30-15 Anderson serves well for 40 before wrapping up his fourth game.
- - MURRAY 1-3 - Smoother opening this time for the reigning champ, forcing a net with some fluent play before the two see-saw to 30-30. Murray aces to 40 but Anderson forces deuce with a fantastic reflex volley at the end of one of their best exchanges so far. But from here it's all Andy, taking two straight nets from serve to finally open his account.
- - MURRAY 0-3 - Anderson gets 15-0 for the third straight game courtesy of the net before stylishly hammering his way to another sweep game. Murray is struggling to get out of the blocks so far.
- - MURRAY 0-2 - BREAK - Murray gets off to a rough start with the serve and despite pulling back to 15-15, finds himself 40-15 down with faults aplenty. Some decent play brings it back to 40-30 before double faulting a second time for 0-2.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Anderson begins the first game with an ace and despite some resilient play from Murray at 30-0, it's a sweep for the South African.
- - And here we go!
- - Head to head, their only previous meeting came in the Australian open last year. Murray won 6-1 6-1 6-2. Mohamed Lahyani is our umpire today.
- - Here comes the coin toss... Anderson wins with heads and will begin with service.
- - The players are out and Murray v Anderson is moments away!
- - "ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THE TOURNAMENT ANDY - HOPE YOU ARE 100% - GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS ALWAYS - xxxDxxx" - From DOROTHY, on Tue 9 Aug 10:36AM
- - But this may not be a walk in the park for the Scot. Anderson is currently ranked 35th in the world and is in the midst of the best year of his career to date.
- - So, today's the day that Murray begins his campaign to win his third straight Canadian Masters title. If he does, it'll be the first three-peat in 22 years. But in his way after a first round bye is the 6 ft 8 Anderson.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of Andy Murray's second round Rogers Cup contest against South Africa's Kevin Anderson!
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|