|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-1 7-6 - Federer clinches the title after going into a 6-1 tie-break lead. He has five championship points, and he needs three of them to finally see off Tsonga's spirited second-set battle. Tie-break ends 7-3 Federer.
- - FEDERER 6-1 6-6 - Federer continues the back-and-forth flow with an excellent series of points to force a tie-break on another clean sweep.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-6 - Advantage Tsonga in this extremely tight and well-contested second set.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-5 - Dominant game from Federer as the set goes ten games without a break of service.
- - FEDERER 6-1 5-4 - Though Federer comes back twice to make it 30-30, it's Tsonga who pulls back to 40-all after the Swiss edges ahead in a fast-paced exchange. Tsonga finally fulfils an advantage to put himself within one game of tying in sets.
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-4 - Obviously the last update should have read 3-4. A tight game has Tsonga 40-30 up and looking like he has broken Federer's serve for the first time, but the decision is disputed and it was indeed out. Federer again pulls level on his second advantage. So frustrating for the Frenchman.
- - FEDERER 6-1 4-3 - Tsonga continues the break-less nature of set 2 by sweeping game seven and continue to shuffle his way to levelling this final on sets.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-3 - Federer uses the serve well to force errors and reach 40-0 before a mis-hit shot gives Tsonga hope. Hope which Fed dashes immediately after to take game six.
- - FEDERER 6-1 3-2 - Tsonga races into a 40-0 lead and despite giving away 15 on an out, forces a net from Federer to once again take the lead in the second set.
- - FEDERER 6-1 2-2 - Two Federer errors, the second unforced, and Tsonga goes 30 up only for Fed to pull level. A superlative forehand from the Frenchman creates break point but he hammers the ball out for deuce, which after some epic back and forth action, Federer clinches for 2-2.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-2 - Tsonga continues to fight, powering into a 40-15 lead in game three of the second set before edging back in front when Federer returns a service well beyond the line.
- - FEDERER 6-1 1-1 - Roger reacts to the previous game by storming to level terms without response.
- - FEDERER 6-1 0-1 - Beginning the set with a thumping volley, Tsonga goes on to clinch game one from 40-1.
- - FEDERER 6-1 - SET - A well-fought final game of the set ends with Fed wrapping things up following a deuce.
- - FEDERER 5-1 - Excellent response after the break from Tsonga, finally clinching his first game without conceding a single point. That lit a fire under the mostly pro-Tsonga crowd.
- - FEDERER 5-0 - The best tennis yet from Fed makes it five in a row, despite Tsonga's challenge at 40-0.
- - FEDERER 4-0 - BREAK - Roger looks to continue his domination by going 30 up but an imprssive Tsonga ace makes it 30-15. Federer secures a double break point, but the Frenchman does well to pull back to deuce. Tsonga is unable to capitalise on two advantage points, the second of which requiring a challenge from Federer, and his first point of the final continues to elude him.
- - FEDERER 3-0 - He's pulling away now. Much more of an even game but Fed makes it three on the bounce after deuce.
- - FEDERER 2-0 - BREAK - The Swiss former #1 comes back from 30-0 to take the second against service.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer comes back from the verge of a double break point for Tsonga to take the first point after a deuce - replays show Tsonga should have challenged the final exchange, it was on the line.
- - And here we go!
14:10 - Federer meanwhile made short work of Tomas Berdych to make it here. Full report: Federer-Berdych
14:05 - Tsonga saved three match points en route to a semi-final win over John Isner yesterday. Full report: Tsonga-Isner
14:00 - Good afternoon and welcome to our LIVE coverage of the Paris Masters final between Jo-Wilifried Tsonga and Roger Federer!
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|