|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Well, surely Murray will be one of the favourites at the Aussie Open now. Great performance from him... thanks for joining us. Until next time.
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! There it is! Murray wins his first title of the year! And in quite convincing fashion! Great stuff from the Scot and that result will be a huge boost to his confidence ahead of the Australian Open in just over a week's time!
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-3 - Murray eases to within a game of the title as he manages to dampen Dolgo's spirits after his resurgence late this set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-3 - Dolgopolov struggles to get this one in the bag as he's forced to save two more break points. He gets there in the end though - after six deuces - and he's back to within a game of Murray!
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-2 - BREAK! Dolgo brings up break point but Murray's serve is too good and the Scot saves it. A second soon follows though as Murray hits a loose one out at the baseline and a fizzing forehand from the Ukrainian later, Dolgo has broken back!
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-1 - Dolgo wins a game! And he shows his relief by throwing his head back and his hands to the sky with a big grin on his face! Nice to see, but equally, that's not the reaction of a man who believes he can get back into this one.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-0 - This is becoming quite one-sided now. Sure Dolgo might be carrying an injury, but this is clinical stuff from Murray. He holds again and now leads 4-0 in the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-0 - BREAK! Dolgo looks to have got back on track but a fortuitous net cord at 40-30 to the Ukrainian that goes Murray's way changes the dynamic of this game. The Scot then gets a wonderful drop shot just right before a storming return of serve brings up another break chance. Dolgo hits the net and Muzza's closing in on the title!
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-0 - Murray races to a 40-0 lead before a second double-fault of the match prolongs the game - not for long though. Murray seals it on the next point as he sends Dolgo wide with his serve before finishing to the other side.
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Good aggressive play from Murray puts him 30-15 up before Dolgo blasts into the net. Two break points for the Scot... he runs around a forehand and there's no way his opponent will reach that! Super play from Murray - he's in total control here!
- - MURRAY 6-1 - SET! A bizarre swing and a miss from Murray at 30-15 and an excellent next point from Dolgo brings up break point. But Murray saves it as his opponent hits the net. Another is soon brought up though, thanks to a precision backhand winner that bounces inches inside the line. Murray saves it with a serve that clocks 212kph and he goes on to claim the set at the second time of asking!
- - MURRAY 5-1 -BREAK! Dolgo looks to be struggling slightly with a niggle in his groin. And Murray's one of the last players you want to face when not 100 per cent fit. The Scot takes full advantage and secures a double break of serve. He'll now serve for the opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - Murray looks good as he capitalises on that break of serve. Another ace and a great forehand winner that Dolgo can't get anywhere near seals it and Murray now has a three-game lead in the first set.
- - MURRAY 3-1 - BREAK! Dolgo hits 209kph on his serve to go ahead 30-15 but at deuce he hits one long and Murray has his first break opportunity of the day... he can't capitalise and only finds the net. The exact same thing happens a point later as Murray passes up a second break point but on a third one he takes it! First breakthrough of the match goes Muzza's way!
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Murray reacts well to a Dolgo drop-shot on the opening point before a net cord helps him to a 30-0 lead. The world number four goes on to cap a love-service game with an ace. Good stuff so far.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Dolgo kicks off his service game with an ace before the sprightly Ukrainian fires a forehand winner. A vicious backhand winner follows and already it's clear that he's hitting the ball superbly today!
- - MURRAY 1-0 - The last time these two met - in Melbourne last year - Dolgopolov took Murray to four sets, although ultimately the Scot was too strong. He, of course, went on to reach the final, where he lost to Novak Djokovic. An ace seals this opening game for Murray and he's on his way.
- - MURRAY 0-0 - Murray wins the toss and elects to serve first... here we go!
- - Murray's just described his pony-tailed opponent as "unorthodox".
- - It promises to be an intriguing encounter... the action will start any minute, with the players currently doing an interview in the tunnel.
- - Dolgopolov, who Murray faced at last year's Aussie Open, notched wins over Alejandro Falla, Igor Andreev, Radek Stepanek and Gilles Simon on his way to today's final and is showing the kind of form that helped him reach the quarters in Melbourne just under a year ago.
- - Having failed to convince in his opening two matches in Brisbane, Murray stepped up a gear in his last two outings, dismissing first Marcos Baghdatis and then Bernard Tomic in ruthless displays to reach the final.
- - Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the final of the Brisbane International between Andy Murray and Alexandr Dolgopolov.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|