|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Azarenka 6-2 6-2 –MATCH!...again saved! This time a winner, and next an excellent passing shot for another break point. Huge hitting from Azarenka though and this is a fifth match point...and finally she finds the line and with it the quarter final, where she’ll meet either Goerges or Radwanska.
- - Azarenka 6-2 5-2 – Azarenka double faults and the second serve wasn’t even close. She makes up for it with a huge serve out wide for 30-15, but a proper shank goes light years long for 30-30. Relentless hitting from the Czech brings up a third match point...a fizzing backhand from Benesova saves it for deuce. Azarenka drops a slice on the stretch short and Benesova puts everything into the backhand at the net for break point. It’s saved and Azarenka gets to a drop shot for a 4th match point...
- - Azarenka 6-2 5-2 – Best rally for a long while from Benesova as she cracks a winner up the line. She’s still 15-30 down though. She hits long off the backhand and it’s two match points...Benesova delays it as she comes to the net and sends her opponent the wrong way, and brings it back to deuce with a winner out wide. Four points in a row for Benesova and she takes the game. She slams the ball down, angry that she didn’t show this type of form earlier.
- - Azarenka 6-2 5-1 – The crowd have been pretty silent during this match. Not surprising really in such a one sided match. Not been a great spectacle either, a bit one dimensional. And Azarenka here is rolling on with another easy service game. Benesova drops the drop shot short after dominating the rally and a winner up the line later makes it very nearly all over.
- - Azarenka 6-2 4-1 – Azarenka slips as Benesova goes back to the same spot and she quickly runs into a 40-15 lead. A long backhand from Azarenka with her opponent keeping the ball deep and the Czech will at least get a game on the board in this second set.
- - Azarenka 6-2 4-0 – This is all running away from Benesova a bit too quickly. She wins another service game to love and is just a couple of games from victory.
- - Azarenka 6-2 3-0 – BREAK! Azarenka challenges another, and again she gets it right! Come on line judges... Benesova changes it up to good effect as she drop shots then volleys the reply into the empty court. A slider out wide gives her the ace, but she’s letting herself down with poor errors and it’s a chance for the double break...sealed with a double fault.
- - Azarenka 6-2 2-0 – Another double from Victoria, she’ll really need to cut those out against the better players. Azarenka challenges twice and gets both calls right! She’s not particularly happy about it, but it won’t matter as Benesova makes the error for her.
- - Azarenka 6-2 1-0 – BREAK! Azarenka was second best for most of that rally, but she finds a way to win the point. Fantastic anticipation from the Czech as she plants a volley right into the corner. Two break points right at the start of this set...great hitting from Benesova keeps her opponent unbalanced, but she can only save one and this set starts much like the first.
- - Azarenka 6-2 – SET! A loopy shot from Azarenka, but she follows it with a devastating flat backhand that catches the line. A double fault though, and she’s on the side that’s out of the sun. She follows it with her first ace of the match for 30-30. Too good as she slams the return back to where the serve landed for a winner to set up set point...and a weak backhand into the net from Benesova.
- - Azarenka 5-2 – Azarenka is under the cosh, but still finds a way to win the point. Benesova gets her second ace of the match though, however an awry backhand and it’s 30-30. She stays positive though and gets the consolation game.
- - Azarenka 5-1 – Benesova is left flat footed from another Azarenka winner, and she concedes the game as she goes for a crosscourt winner that clips the top of the net and falls on her side. This is looking pretty forlorn for her now.
- - Azarenka 4-1 – BREAK! Azarenka pounds the ball into the corner for the winner, but Benesova replies with one of her own. Both players are hitting winners off either wing and Benesova is already looking for the shade as much as possible between points. Another break point...but Benesova stays with it all the way and forces the error. A couple of chances go begging for the double break, but chances missed by Benesova too, and a couple of poor shots into the net by the Czech hands over the game.
- - Azarenka 3-1 – Big first serve down the middle from Azarenka. The Czech catches the line with an angled crosscourt backhand, but it’s not enough as the serve pays more dividends for Azarenka as she slides one out wide to take the game to 15.
- - Azarenka 2-1 – Benesova replies by rattling off a game to love herself. It is an important hold, just to make sure she gets some sort of foothold in this match.
- - Azarenka 2-0 – Azarenka has no trouble on her serve, even though she’s facing awkwardly into the sun. A win to love, finishing it with a scorching winner up the line.
- - Azarenka 1-0 – BREAK! Benesova starts on serve, Azarenka winning the toss and deciding to receive. A winner from the third seed for the first point of the match, as well as the third and an error brings up two break points...outstanding play from Azarenka as she belts the forehand behind Benesova’s run and that’s the break to 30.
- - Azarenka has faced Benesova three times and won all of them, every one in straight sets as well. The most recent came in Luxembourg in 2011. Benesova is a solid pro, but she’s lacking pretty much in every department compared to the Belarusian.
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|
|Date of Birth||01/02/1983|