|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - KVITOVA 6-2 7-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Ivanovic double faults on her first two service points in the breaker before Kvitova displays all her power with a backhand winner that the Serb can't get near to! The Czech lets out a scream to accompany her clenched fist. Ivanovic opts to come to the net a point later but it's a bad decision and when she fires wide on the next point, Kvitova has five match points, the second of which she wins! Next up for the Czech is either Errani or Zheng. Full women's draw
- - KVITOVA 6-2 6-6 - It's not a capitulation of Li Na proportions just yet for Kvitova as the Czech manages to hold serve - with two aces at the end - and send this second set to a tie-break.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 5-6 - Ivanovic has taken full advantage of that missed smash from Kvitova, whose concentration seems to have gone totally. She shanks a shot well wide of the mark as Ivanovic seals a service game to love. The Serb has now won the last eight points in the row. What a turnaround, at such a crucial stage too!
- - KVITOVA 6-2 5-5 - BREAK - That missed smash might well have had an effect on Kvitova as she double faults on the way to giving Ivanovic three break points. The Czech goes long and Ivanovic is still in this match!
- - KVITOVA 6-2 5-4 - Ivanovic isn't going to give up without a fight. She holds serve - but not before one of the most comical points ever seen! The Serb retrieves a poorly placed smash by Kvitova and knocks it up into the air and it looks like it's Kvitova will have another chance to bury what is a regulation smash. But she totally misses the ball! She ends up elbowing the ball into the net!
- - KVITOVA 6-2 5-3 - Ivanovic unleashes a barn-storming forehand return to bring up break point but a wide serve from Kvitova helps her save it. That could prove to be a big point from the Czech as she eventually goes on to hold serve and move to within a game of a place in the quarter-finals.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-3 - Ivanovic hangs in there as she booms down an ace to seal the game. These two have played three times before today - and Ivanovic has won all three (in Montreal and Zurich in 2008 and in Brisbane a year later).
- - KVITOVA 6-2 4-2 - Another double-quick service game from Kvitova as she confirms that break. The temperature down on court is reaching 29 degrees now - warming up nicely for Andy Murray, who's up next on Rod Laver.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 3-2 - BREAK - Ivanovic is forced to save another break point before Kvitova makes a successful challenge to an erroneous line call. She then unleashes a forehand winner to bring up a second break point and this time Ivanovic can only hit the net. Another break for Kvitova and the Czech has the upper hand in this set!
- - KVITOVA 6-2 2-2 - Kvitova wastes no time at all in securing another service game to level at two games apiece. If the Czech wins this set - and the match - she'll seal a place in the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam for the fourth time.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 1-2 - Wow, Kvitova's got that backhand working well now as she sends another winner past Ana to surge 30-0 ahead. But Ivanovic battles to hold again. She's not convincing at the moment though, and it's a case of hanging in there for the time being.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 1-1 - Kvitova is serving around the 175kph mark but it's wayward for the first time as she double faults to gift Ivanovic a break opportunity. She can't take it though as she fires a running backhand into the net. Kvitova then fires another backhand winner, which is swiftly followed by a forehand winner down the line. Game to the Czech despite that scare.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 0-1 - Ivanovic gets back on track with a held service game. Her appearance here in the fourth round could see her rise back into the world top 20.
- - KVITOVA 6-2 - SET - Kvitova is hitting the ball supremely today, perfectly demonstrated by another forehand winner that's simply too good for Ivanovic. With that the Czech has three set points... Ivanovic saves the first with a lovely soft touch but there's nothing she can do on the second and second seed Kvitova takes the first set in just 36 minutes!
- - KVITOVA 5-2 -BREAK - A sensational forehand crosscourt winner from Kvitova helps her to two break point opportunities. Ivanovic rediscovers her serve on the first - Kvitova returning into the net - but on the second she tamely finds the net. Again, frustration boils over and she stalks off towards her chair two breaks down in the first set.
- - KVITOVA 4-2 - Kvitova throws down an ace before she's belatedly called up on a double bounce, which Adam Scott in the crowd seems to find rather amusing. The Czech second seed holds once again as Ana shows a few signs of frustration.
- - KVITOVA 3-2 - What a point by Kvitova! Incredible court coverage and retrieval, on three separate occasions! She eventually loses the point, but Ivanovic was made to work hard for that one as she hits her second winner of the match. The 2008 Aussie Open runner-up goes on to hold in this, just the second time she has been as far as the fourth round.
- - KVITOVA 3-1 - Kvitova moves Ivanovic around the court expertly at 30-0 and the sheer power of her shots force the Serb to fire into the net. And on the next point Ivanovic hits one long, gifting Petra her third game of the match. The winner of today's match will play the winner of this evening's clash between Sara Errani and Zheng Zie.
- - KVITOVA 2-1 - BREAK - Aussie golf sensation Adam Scott is here today watching his girlfriend Ana, but she won't have impressed him too much in this game, as Kvitova makes the first breakthrough of the match to gain an early upper hand in the first set.
- - KVITOVA 0-2 - It's hot already out there: 27 degrees and the mercury is only going to rise throughout the day, with a top of 34 expected. And that means we can expect actual temperatures on court to reach as high as 39. Kvitova looks cool though as she aces to bring up game point, on which Ivanovic can only return a strong serve bouncing into the net.
- - KVITOVA 0-1 - Ivanovic has been on great form so far this tournament - she hasn't lost a single set in her wins over Lourdes Dominguez Lino, Michaella Krajicek and Vania King - and although she wobbles in her opening service game here, she saves a break point before an ace helps her on her way to getting on the scoreboard.
- - KVITOVA 0-0 - Ivanovic will serve first in bright sunshine on Rod Laver Arena. Here we go!
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|
|Date of Birth||08/03/1990|