|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Cirstea 7-6 0-6 2-6 – MATCH! Errani runs out a comfortable winner in the end with Cirstea really struggling with a back problem. The Italian has won 12 out of the last 14 games , but it takes all three match points to see it out. She’ll play either Marion Bartoli or Jie Zheng in Round 4.
- - Cirstea 7-6 6-0 – A medical time out in this match as Cirstea has picked up some sort of injury to her back. Errani’s completely ran away with the second set and she’ll be favourite now following that injury.
- - Cirstea 7-6 (8-6) – Errani gets a set point at 6-5, but Cirstea hangs in there then gets one herself at 7-6...and she takes it after a huge rally, which she puts away with a smash. That was the definition of pendulum tennis.
- - Cirstea 6-6 (3-3) – Cirstea goes a mini-break down, but immediately wins it back. Errani loops a defensive shot to the back, but the Romanian rips a flat backhand into the other corner. A perfectly placed drop shot from the Italian though and it’s all even at the turnaround.
- - Cirstea 6-6 – The Romanian finds the line to the disbelief of Errani. More precision stuff from Cirstea though with a perfectly placed volley. Two points from the set here...both players swap points and it’s deuce. Errani holds firm though and it will go to a tie break.
- - Cirstea 5-5 – Wonderful backhand down the line, right on the money from Cirstea. It’s followed by an Errani double fault, but a well left shot from the Italian and she pegs back Cirstea to stay level.
- - Cirstea 5-4 – Still incredibly tight this set. More breaks than you can shake a racket at, but it’s advantage Cirstea on her own serve, but a weak backhand into the net for deuce. She does eventually hold though and that’s a rare sight in this match.
- - Cirstea 3-3 - It’s a topsy turvy match this one. Cirstea dropped her serve in the opening game, but broke back then broke again to lead 3-1. Errani’s come back though to level the set up.
|Date of Birth||07/04/1990|
|Date of Birth||29/04/1987|