|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MONFILS 2-6 5-7 7-5 6-1 6-4 – GAME, SET & MATCH – Monfils, the 14th seed, is out of the tournament, beaten by Kukushkin in five sets. The Kazakh looked to be losing it in the fifth set when he started getting stressed out by the vocal crowd but he bounced back to break Monfils in the final game and win it on a double fault. Next up for Kukushkin will be either Murray of LLodra
- - MONFILS 2-6 5-7 7-5 6-1 - SET! Monfils levels the match up at two sets all - would you believe it? Well, yes, considering it is Monfils. The Frenchman finds a new lease of life, and he takes the game into a deciding set on the Margaret Court Arena!
- - MONFILS 2-6 5-7 7-5 - SET! Monfils confounds his doubters as he shrugs off his back injury to take the third set in very gutsy fashion. The Frenchman takes it 7-5 with a crucial break of serve at the death, and he's right back in this now!
- - MONFILS 2-6 5-7 - SET! Kukushkin takes the second set! He is made to work exceptionally hard for it, but he clinches the crucial break and closes out the set at the death with Monfils caught short despite a valiant effort! The Frenchman is very limited in terms of his movement, and the crowd keep expecting a handshake.
- - MONFILS 2-6 3-4 - Monfils is really struggling now as he receives yet more treatment, and it's a great surprise that he has not yet thrown in the towel. Can he continue past this set?
- - MONFILS 2-6 - SET! Monfils is really struggling as he loses the opening set in convincing fashion to Kukushkin, and the Frenchman is not moving at all well on court. He lacks intensity, and he seems to be very off colour.
- - Gael Monfils, the 14th seed, takes on Mikhail Kukushkin on the Margaret Court Arena with the Frenchman eyeing a spot in the fourth round.
|Date of Birth||26/12/1987|
|Date of Birth||01/09/1986|