|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH - A big serve gives Ferrer problems and brings up two match points for Novak. He aces and that's it! All over! It's the top four into the semi-finals, with Djokovic to play Andy Murray!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 5-1 - BREAK - Djoko whips a forehand down the line but when he loses the next point, he 'does a Murray' and reaches for his leg. Ferrer challenges a line call on the next point - successfully - but the replayed point goes Nole's way. The Spaniard hits back with a forehand winner that we haven't seen for a while to prompt applause from Djokovic but it's the Serb who deserves the acclaim two points later as he hammers a forehand winner to break once again!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 4-1 - Some huge hitting from Nole takes him to 40-15 before he seals another hold with a delightful lob which Ferrer, standing at five-foot-nine, flails at in vain. Nole's overcome whatever was ailing him earlier, and he's closing in on a date with Andy Murray, but it's harsh on Ferrer at the moment. The Spaniard's efforts deserve more than what he has reaped so far.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 3-1 - Ferrer holds as Novak hits a couple of wayward potential winners. In fact the penultimate one could well have been a knockout blow to Ferrer had it landed a few centimetres the other way. As it is, this one's still alive. Ish.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 3-0 - Ferrer looks despondent as Nole races to a 40-0 lead and when he hits his next return of serve out at the baseline, the world number one opens up a three-game lead in the third set. That second set tie-breaker already looks like it was the true decider of this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 2-0 - BREAK - Djokovic has stepped up his game here. He fires his 14th forehand winner of the night to take a 30-15 lead. He then brings up two break points by simply wearing Ferrer down. A shank wastes the first one but he unleashes a forehand right into the corner that Ferrer can't return! Break!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 1-0 - Injured/ill/unable to breathe or not, Djokovic is still two sets up and it's going to take a truly amazing comeback from Ferrer to turn this around. Nole powers through the first game of the third set, serving out to love, as if to reinforce the point.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) 0-0 - This is amazing stuff on Rod Laver Arena! Djokovic, even though he seems ill or carrying an injury, is still two sets to the good and just one away from the semi-finals. The latest is that maybe he's struggling with his breathing. The big winner at the moment is Andy Murray, who awaits the winner.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 7-6(4) - SET - Djokovic shanks one to drop to 0-2 before Ferrer makes it 3-1 with a lovely drop volley. He ruins his hard work though when he fires a wild forehand wide and we're back on serve at 3-2. Ferrer makes it 4-2 as Nole goes long at the baseline but the Serb fights back to level at 4-4 after an incredible rally! Ferrer then hits the net on a regulation forehand before Djokovic brings up set point with a monster forehand down the line! He gets it! Ferrer goes long!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-6 - TIE-BREAK - Djokovic advances to the net but he can only manage to hit the tape and when the net comes into play again a point later - on a lucky net cord that Ferrer benefits from - Djokovic is facing break point. Ferrer wins it! And we're going to a tie-break.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 6-5 - BREAK - Djokovic fires a forehand winner down the line to take a 30-0 lead and even though he loses the next two points, he brings up break point with a forehand winner down the line. He goes on to take it! Amazing! Maybe his problem isn't a hamstring at all. A stomach issue maybe? Maybe that's why he was on his haunches when we first noticed it.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 5-5 - This is exactly the tonic Djokovic needs at this stage. He challenges a service call - he's proved correct - on the first point and he goes on to win the replayed point. He ends up holding to love and now if he can eke out a break now, it would be a huge boost.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-5 - Ferrer booms down an ace to seal another held service game but Djokovic seemed to be moving a little more freely during that game. Has he shaken it off? Honestly, who knows? It's certainly intriguing.
- - Watch the drama unfold for yourself and follow the match live on the Eurosport Player. Subscribe here
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-4 - Nole holds serve and hangs in there. He's just a break and a hold away from a two-set lead but still there are real concerns over his fitness. Djokovic lost here in the quarter-finals as defending champion in 2009 (to Andy Roddick) and again in 2010 (to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga).
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-4 - Some wayward shotmaking from Nole gifts this game to Ferrer. It's difficult to know exactly what's going on with Djokovic at the moment because he's yet to call the trainer. Yet he's not moving freely in between points. It could be a slight tear of his hamstring but, of course, that's pure speculation.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-3 - Djokovic opts not to call for a trainer at the changeover and it looks like he'll soldier on. It's a mystery why he's taken that view as he's clearly got a problem. Again Ferrer punishes him to bring up break point - but some incredible defensive work from Djoko saves it! And he goes on to hold with a forehand winner sealing it, but surely such a physical battle will take its toll sooner or later on the Serb, who hasn't shaken off his problem.
- - Jamie Murray: "Ferrer has a great chance to win this match in this moment. Looks stronger out there physically and mentally. Djoko visibly out of sorts."
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-3 - Djokovic seems to be in some discomfort, and he's limping in between points. Ferrer looks to take full advantage as he aces on his way to holding serve and taking the lead in this second set! Wouldn't be surprised now if Nole called on the trainer.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-2 - BREAK - Novak makes a rare sortie towards the net, where he makes winning the point look easy. Ferrer counters with the same tactic to level at 30-30, making a nice change to what we have seen so far this match. And the Spaniard uses that momentum to go on and break for the first time! But the real drama comes as Djokovic stretches to reach the final ball. He seems to pull something and could be in trouble! He hangs his head for a moment... is he injured?
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-1 - Ferrer holds serve to hang in there. Just as an aside, Lleyton Hewitt, when asked whether he thought Andy Murray was only the fourth best player in the world, even when the Scot was ranked second, has just said: "Absolutely."
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-0 - Ferrer returns into the net and again the Spaniard yells out in frustration. Djokovic compounds that when he pounces on a net cord and fires the ball down the line to hold once again.
- - Don't forget, you can watch this match live on the Eurosport Player. Subscribe here.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-0 - BREAK - Nole carries on where he left off! He's punishing Ferrer with his groundstrokes at the moment, but the Spaniard keeps coming back for more! Nole eventually wears him down and breaks to take an early lead in the second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 - SET - Wow, Ferrer works so hard to win the point at 15-15. He takes the 22-shot rally with a smash following a misjudged lob from Nole but the Serb hits back with a forehand down the line that he can only return out. Ferrer then hits the net with a regulation forehand, prompting a shouted Spanish expletive. Nole can't take the set then though and Ferrer again works hard to turn the tables and bring up break point! Saved by Nole who eventually goes on claim the set!
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Djokovic has a laugh with the umpire over a challenged call which he loses as Ferrer takes a 30-0 lead. Make that 40-0 as makes a fifth unforced error on his forehand tonight. Djokovic then shanks one long to concede the game to love but the Serb will now serve for the set.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Time now for Djokovic to race to a service game. Not even Ferrer's incessant running can prevent him from taking it to love. And Ferrer will now have to serve to stay in the set. Nole is bidding to reach his seventh consecutive Grand Slam semi-final tonight. What a record.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Ferrer races to a 40-0 lead with some nifty serving and when Nole returns his next serve long, the Spaniard has his third game of the match. Let's not forget that last year Ferrer defeated number one Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals - the last time the top seed has failed to reach the semis at a Major.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - Ferrer looks dangerous in this game but once Djokovic forces him to a lengthy rally at 30-30, the Spaniard eventually hits one long. Another long rally follows which Ferrer looks like he's won as he sends Nole way out wide but, such is Djokovic's sheer talent, he manages to return - at an even more impossible angle - and a two-game advantage is opened up.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - BREAK - Ferrer looks like he's in trouble at 0-30 down but he gets himself out of it with a sensational passing shot with Djokovic stranded at the net! But Djokovic lobs Ferrer brilliantly to bring up break point before he fires a winner to make the first breakthrough of the night!
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Well, thank goodness for that! Much quicker game as Nole serves out to love! The Serb leads 5-2 on hardcourts in matches between these two.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 - Ferrer is given a decent eyeful of what he himself faces tonight as Djokovic draws level at 30-30 with a monstrous forehand and then just when the Spaniard thinks he's done enough to win the game from deuce, Nole somehow stretches to reach the ball at the net and turns it back past Ferrer. Break point soon follows but he fires wide. Another two are saved before Ferrer finally manages to hold serve! We could be in for an epic if these games continue like this.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - Ferrer gives an indication of what Djokovic is up against tonight as the Spaniard refuses to give up on a ball at the net and somehow manages to get it back over. It goes out and Nole wins the point but Ferrer is so dogged, it's not going to be easy for the top seed. He holds this game though and we're at one apiece.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-1 - A lengthy rally kicks this one off, 18 shots in total, with Nole forcing Ferrer wide enough to prevent a decent return at the end. A point later, they outdo that by far with a 32-shotter, with the same end result. Three break points. Ferrer saves all three, the last one with a powerful serve that Nole can't return! And then he seals the game with a similar serve, which Djoko returns long.
- - DJOKOVIC 0-0 - Here we go then! We will know the full semi-final line-up in a few hours. Ferrer won the toss and the Spaniard will serve first.
- - That's a close record but there's no doubt who the favourite is here tonight: Djokovic.
- - These two have met each other 11 times before, Djokovic edging it 6-5 in all matches since the first in Bucharest way back in 2004.
- - The players are on court, warming up, both dressed in white shirts. Ferrer is sporting black shorts while Nole is in all white.
- - There's some late sunshine left in the sky in Melbourne, but it's a lot cooler for the players tonight. Pretty fine conditions for tennis.
- - Ferrer has moved almost unnoticed into the quarter-finals of the Australian Open but can he upset Djokovic? VIDEO: Is there an upset on the cards?
- - A meeting with Andy Murray awaits tonight's winner, after the Scot dominated Kei Nishikori in straight sets. Murray sails past Nishikori
- - Hello and welcome to our continued coverage of day 10 of the Australian Open, with world number one Novak Djokovic playing fifth seed David Ferrer for a place in the semi-finals.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|